During its regular meeting Monday, the Muskogee City Council:
• Claims for all city departments Aug. 3-16.
• Lowest and best bids for Muskogee Rehabilitation and Revitalization Program repairs from King Carpentry in the amount of $44,925 for three structures, Simpson Carpentry in the amount of $29,600 for two structures, and Tom Crabtree in the amount of $15,950 for one structure to repair a total of six structures in the amount of $90,475.
• Low bid in the amount of $42,882 submitted by Aceco Rental & Sales for a four-wheel-drive cab tractor.
• Best bid in the amount of $24,583.80 submitted by Quantis Sales for the purchase of two front-mount 729 Grasshopper mowers with 60-inch decks.
• Purchase of a seven-passenger van from Bob Howard Dodge for $20,949 off the state contract list.
• Preliminary and final plat of CVS Muskogee Addition, consisting of one lot on 1.174 acres, located on the northeast corner of York Street and Chandler Road.
• License agreement between the city of Muskogee and Chevron Environmental Management Co. to perform work required by the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality.
• Contract for fire protection services outside Muskogee city limits with EASTAR Health System, also known as the East Campus.
• Directing staff to bring forth an amendment to Sales Tax Ordinance 3812-A, as authorized by Sections 4 and 8 of the ordinance relating to the multi-agency training facility.
• Motion to table action on new ordinance that would impose new duties upon the owners of certain commercial buildings that become vacant and meet at least one of other specified criteria.
• Submission of a grant application for the city of Muskogee Animal Shelter to Petsmart Charities to provide funding and mentoring for a high-impact, low-cost spay and neuter project that focuses on owned pets in an area where there is a critical need.
• Receipt of donated funds for the month of July in the amount of $593.25 for the city’s Animal Shelter Sponsorship Program and approve the receipt of donated supplies from “A Feathered Affair” in the amount of $2,560 as per the attached list.
• Appointment of Johnny Teehee to the Chamber of Commerce Committee for Convention and Tourism to serve a three-year term, beginning July 1.
• Construction contract in the amount of $2,157,917.09 for milling and overlay projects plus bicycle lane striping on East Side Boulevard.
• Revised classification description for the city manager position.
• Amendment to City Council Policy 7-1 to raise the cap on purchases that require council approval.
• Memorandum of understanding related to the distribution of excess dedicated sales tax revenue.