During regular meetings Tuesday, the Muskogee Public Works and Finance committees took the following action:
• An ordinance for the closure of Branson Park, Manitou and Anthony streets located in Hidden Valley Subdivision.
• An ordinance to annex property located on West 23rd Street South and authorize staff to revise the official city map.
• An ordinance to close the alley adjacent to Lots 1 through 8 and Lots 9 through 16 in Block 4 of Browns Addition.
• Claims for all city departments Sept. 2-13.
• Motion to forward without recommendation an acquisition plan for the purchase of certain parcels of county-owned property located at the northwest, southeast and northeast corners of the intersection of U.S. 69 and Shawnee Bypass.
• Motion to forward without recommendation a cooperative agreement between the city of Muskogee and Muskogee County Public Transit Authority for fiscal year 2014 in the amount of $166,000.
• Receipt of donated funds in the amount of $2,075 given during the month of August for the City’s Animal Shelter Sponsorship Program.
During a special meeting Tuesday, the Muskogee City Council took the following action:
• A procedure to review and select applicants for the position of city manager.
• Revocation of a taxi cab operating permit issued to T&E Taxi for allegedly failing to maintain liability insurance as required by City Code 22-520.
• A memorandum of understanding with LodgeWell Development to evaluate the feasibility and development of a downtown hotel.