The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a Fire Weather Alert which is in effect until 6 p.m. for the following counties in Oklahoma: Muskogee, Wagoner, Cherokee McIntosh, Sequoyah, Adair, Haskell, Mayes, Delaware, Rogers, Creek, Washington, Nowata, Craig, Ottawa, Tulsa, Okfuskee and Okmulgee.
Very strong south winds in the 20 to 30 mph range with gusts close to 40 mph are expected later today across much of eastern Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas.
These strong winds combined with record warmth and dry conditions of late will yield an elevated fire danger.
A Fire Weather Alert is issued when dangerous fire weather conditions are expected but are below Red Flag criteria. A Fire Weather Alert may also be issued to relay state or county fire information such as burning bans.
- Local News
- Youths take no bull at livestock show
- Haskell sues Boynton over water
- Industrial expansion could bring street improvements
- Rotary luncheon recognizes wellness promotion efforts
- ICTC names four as students of month
- Anti-poverty session slated for Saturday
- Spay/neuter clinic scheduling times
- ICTC health courses taking applications
- Hilldale preschool screening March 25-26
- Sports program signing up older veterans
- More Local News Headlines