During regular meetings Tuesday, the Muskogee Public Works and Finance committees took the following action:
• Endorsed the Tulsa Metro Chamber of Commerce 2013 OneVoice legislative agenda regarding state and federal issues that may have an impact on Oklahoma municipalities.
• Took no action regarding preliminary plans of the feasibility study for economic development of Love-Hatbox Sports Complex and the former Hatbox Airfield.
• Approved amendments to Council Policy 3-3-3, which addresses vacation leave policies.
• Approved Council Policy 3-5-1, which addresses the city’s deferred compensation program.
• Instructed staff to prepare a resolution suspending enforcement of existing parking prohibitions on unpaved surfaces and rights of way within the city.
• Received report regarding garages being vacated as a result of the formation of a centralized garage system.
• Took no action regarding impervious surface fees established in Appendix A of the city of Muskogee Code of Ordinances.
• Took no action regarding the solicitation of recommendations for filling vacancies on city-created or city-appointed boards and commissions.
• Approved claims for all city departments from Dec. 3 through Jan. 4.
• Approved agreement between Moonlight Excavation LLC and the city of Muskogee for the demolition project at the Midland Valley Office Building, 321 S. Third St., in the amount of $57,760.
• Awarded the lowest best bid to Oklahoma Sporting Supplies in the amount of $32,988.32 for the purchase of ammunition for the Muskogee Police Department.
• Awarded a construction contract to the low bidder, RJR Enterprises, for a bid of $245,530.50 with two alternates in the amount of $10,310.25 for a total of $255,840.75 for Beckman Park improvements.
• Struck from consideration the low bid submitted by Danny Beck Chevrolet in the amount of $21,541 for a mid-size utility vehicle for the water plant.
• Awarded electrical contract to the low bidder, Rockey Electric Inc., in the amount of $262,145 for electrical renovation project at the police station.
• Awarded construction contract to the low bidder, Rossco Construction Inc., in the amount of $60,992 for improvements at Chandler Road and York Street.
• Forwarded to City Council for consideration without recommendation a contract between the city and the Muskogee Area Arts Council for funding community arts projects that foster and promote tourism or youth arts education.
• Approved the receipt of funds donated to the city’s animal shelter sponsorship program.