Dr. James Beebe, a family medicine and wound care physician, recently partnered with the EASTAR Cancer Center to educate area youth on the dangers of tobacco use. While visiting the fourth-grade class at Creek Elementary School, Beebe used a method that involved the students in the presentation. Experiments were performed depicting the effects of smoking on breathing and destruction of lung tissue. The children were encouraged to participate in a “No Smoking” poster contest with prizes awarded to the top three. First place went to Isabella Bartley, second place to Alan Landaverde, and third place to Kylie Gioletti. They received gift certificates to Cherry Berry.
- Local News
- CLOSINGS, ROAD CONDITIONS
- A.M. UPDATE: Muskogee police reports, 12.13.13
- A.M. UPDATE: Sadler reschedules 'Nutcracker'
- Three arrested in drug bust
- Officials review decision to allow woman to foster
- City manager hopefuls here Saturday
- Show animals die in barn fire
- Final weekly winner collects prize; $10K drawing Thursday
- OSBI offers reward in Adams case
- Ceremony set Saturday at National Cemetery
- More Local News Headlines