Being a great father is not just about the act of conception.
Being a great father begins after conception and continues for a lifetime.
We honor fathers everywhere today for their contributions to their children.
A great father:
• Teaches his children life lessons through everyday acts. He teaches his children a great work ethic by getting up every day and going to work.
• Teaches his children responsibility. Maybe he taught you by letting you watch how he paid the bills on time or said no when the easy answer was yes.
• Gave you chores to teach you how to be responsible to others.
• Bought you a puppy or a cat and fed it when you forgot.
• Is the family goofball. Whether he tried to teach you to pull his finger or just did whatever he had to do to make you laugh when you were sick.
• Learned math and science and biology all over again so he could help you with your homework.
• Coached whatever sports team you joined.
• Provided a moral compass by teaching you right from wrong and used discipline to enforce those lessons.
• Shakes your hand every time he sees you to show you he knows you are a man.
• Hugs you every time he sees you to show you that you will always be his little girl.
• Watches you drive away after every family visit.
Most importantly, great fathers love you all the days of your life.
Happy Father’s Day.