Hundreds of high school graduates from Muskogee and Fort Gibson will take a short walk Friday across a stage leading to their long futures.
Hundreds more have graduated in the past week or will graduate throughout Green Country.
We hope all are successful and happy in life.
Someone said the key to life is to be happy and try not to hurt anyone along the way.
Here are few suggestions:
• The single greatest determining factor of your success in the workplace is your attitude. You are not owed a job. You are not owed success. You must earn every scrape of success. Work as hard as you would expect someone who takes your money for a job would work.
• Remember we are all in this together. The richest and the poorest people are all pretty much the same — we are people first.
• You are not owed respect. You earn respect. How you treat other people is the best gauge of how you are going to be treated.
• Find the funny in life. Life is difficult at times. It’s trying. If you can laugh at yourself you have a great chance of being happy.
• There are a lot of people who are proud of you today. Remember them every time you have a difficult choice to make. Do the things you would be proud to tell your children or your grandchildren.
You are our future, too.
If you go
WHAT: Muskogee High School Graduation.
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Friday.
WHERE: Indian Bowl Stadium.
• • •
WHAT: Fort Gibson High School Graduation.
WHEN: 8 p.m. Friday.
WHERE: High school field house.