Everyone will agree that we want a more beautiful Muskogee. Everyone realizes that money is short these days. There are some areas in town that would look so much better if some help could be funded to fix.
My friend and I stopped at our post office this week and we were shocked at its condition. First, there are loose boards across the front — roof high — that could fall so easily. A person entering the building by the north door could get a very painful head or face injury. Then what used to be flower beds across the front are full of dead plants and weeds.
Such a public place in Muskogee in such a disarray is such a disgrace. My friend and I talked about getting out and pulling the weeds ourselves.
Couldn’t something be done about this eyesore? Perhaps a school group, a church group, or neighborhood group.
- Snake scare shows need for skepticism
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK - Crusaders nothing but hypocrites and fascists
- Be proud of stormwater work in city
- Regulation needed to stop abuses
- Applause for MPS Teacher of Year
- Performance of spellers good sign
- THANK YOU 04.12.14
- Character skills important
- Help electric customers, companies
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK — Rep. Hulbert will be missed
- More Opinion Headlines