Time is running out to apply for Angel Tree registration.
Even with extra time for people to apply for the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program, few people have applied, officials told the Phoenix.
More than 650 signed up last year. At last count, less than 200 have applied this year. And there is a great need in the Muskogee area.
Angel Trees go up every holiday season with “ornaments” listing children in need of clothing, toys or other gifts.
Muskogee has a great history of participating in this program.
Applications will be taken through Friday. We encourage those who are eligible to apply.
Every child deserves a Christmas.
Come to the Salvation Army, 700 Independence St. from 9 a.m. to noon through Friday.
• Indicate why they are needing this assistance.
• Reside in Muskogee County .
• Picture ID for head of household.
• Certified birth certificates for all children in the home up to 12 years old.
• IDs or legal documents or ID numbers for all household members.
• Income or no income verification (Employment, DHS, Unemployment).
• Verification of SSI/SSA/SSD, Food Stamps, Child Support.
• Proof of residency, (utility bill, rent/lease receipts).
• Proof of expenses (household, vehicles, medical, insurance, etc.)