OSU at Texas Tech
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State has become a hot ticket on the Big 12 Conference trail.
The Cowboys have played in a front of a sold-out arena in all of their conference road games, which will extend today with an expected sellout for the Texas Tech game at United Spirit Arena - while they have yet to play in front of a sellout crowd at Gallagher-Iba Arena once this year.
"I think we're kind of used to it. We have an experienced group of guys right now, out of the main people who are playing," OSU sophomore shooting guard Phil Forte said. "We've been at the toughest places to play in the country and some tough venues. I think we're used to it by now and we just have to go out there and play our game."
The expended sellout crowd for the 8:30 p.m., which be televised on ESPNU, has reason for excitement around this contest.
The 19th-ranked Cowboys are riding a three-game losing streak, though did look better in Monday's triple overtime loss to No. 16 Iowa State. Texas Tech has also delivered a knockout blow to a previously ranked Big 12 team in Baylor that led to a five-game losing streak.
"They seem like a pretty physical team," senior guard Markel Brown said. "They’re playing great basketball right now. It’s going to be a tough game on the road. We’re just looking forward to winning."
Bringing a new look to the Red Raider program is first-year coach Tubby Smith, who coached Kentucky to the 1998 NCAA championship. The Cowboy
"They're a lot different from last year. Every game they've played has been close," Forte said. "... They have a whole different mindset. They believe they can win any game. Tubby Smith is one of the best coaches in college basketball, so I think he brings a different competitiveness, a different mindset to that team. I think this year you can kind of tell."
OSU at Texas Tech
- OSU OC pumped up for second season
- Oklahoma State ex Blackmon arrested in Edmond
- Getting ready early: OSU using summer to prepare for Florida State
- ORU, OSU, TU to play in Vegas
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Former OSU line coach having impact on Texas
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OSU notebook
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - Commish: Change may not be pleasant
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - OSU defense: Holes to fill
- More OSU Headlines