LSU 65, ARKANSAS 60 —— At Baton Rouge, La., Charles Carmouche scored a season-high 26 points, and LSU held on for a 65-60 victory over Arkansas after nearly squandering a 22-point lead Wednesday night.
Carmouche was 9-of-11 shooting, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range. LSU (17-9, 8-7 Southeastern Conference), has won eight of its last 11 league games.
Marshawn Powell had 17 points and Mardracus Wade added 15 for Arkansas (17-11, 8-7), which dropped to 1-8 on the road and 1-10 outside Arkansas, including two neutral-site losses.
TEXAS TECH 61, OSU 53 — The Cowgirls (19-8, 8-8) outshot the Red Raiders 51.1 percent (23-of-45) to 33.9 perent (21-of-62) but were the victim of 23 turnovers, more than twice Tech’s 11, and lost in Lubbock, Texas.
Chyanna Brown’s 22-point effort led Texas Tech (21-7, 11-5). Brittney Martin scored 13, Kendra Suttles had 11 and Toni Young 10 for the Cowgirls, who lost a chance to close within one game of the Red Raiders, who are now tied with Iowa State for second in the Big 12.
- College football awards glance
- No comment, says selection committee on final BCS outcome
- Big 12 Coach of Year: Baylor’s Briles unanimous choice
- OU, OSU combine for dozen spots on AP Big 12 team
- OSU slant: Cowboys' fade turns BCS hopes to black
- Roland runs hard, but it isn’t enough
- Sooners cancel Cowboys' Fiesta plans, 33-24
- Five points of focus for Bedlam 2013
- Muskogee grad finds himself shifting sides
- Chelf’s growth at helm draws praise from Moore
- More OSU Headlines