LSU 65, ARKANSAS 60 —— At Baton Rouge, La., Charles Carmouche scored a season-high 26 points, and LSU held on for a 65-60 victory over Arkansas after nearly squandering a 22-point lead Wednesday night.
Carmouche was 9-of-11 shooting, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range. LSU (17-9, 8-7 Southeastern Conference), has won eight of its last 11 league games.
Marshawn Powell had 17 points and Mardracus Wade added 15 for Arkansas (17-11, 8-7), which dropped to 1-8 on the road and 1-10 outside Arkansas, including two neutral-site losses.
TEXAS TECH 61, OSU 53 — The Cowgirls (19-8, 8-8) outshot the Red Raiders 51.1 percent (23-of-45) to 33.9 perent (21-of-62) but were the victim of 23 turnovers, more than twice Tech’s 11, and lost in Lubbock, Texas.
Chyanna Brown’s 22-point effort led Texas Tech (21-7, 11-5). Brittney Martin scored 13, Kendra Suttles had 11 and Toni Young 10 for the Cowgirls, who lost a chance to close within one game of the Red Raiders, who are now tied with Iowa State for second in the Big 12.
- OSU OC pumped up for second season
- Oklahoma State ex Blackmon arrested in Edmond
- Getting ready early: OSU using summer to prepare for Florida State
- ORU, OSU, TU to play in Vegas
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Former OSU line coach having impact on Texas
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OSU notebook
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - Commish: Change may not be pleasant
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - OSU defense: Holes to fill
- More OSU Headlines