NSU 6-8, SOUTHWEST BAPTIST 1-3 – The RiverHawks (8-7, 8-7 MIAA) used a four-run fourth and a complete-game effort from Craig George to secure their first series-opening win of the year.
George (3-1) allowed one run off eight hits. He also struck out three and walked one.
Kyle Shambaugh (1-1) picked up his first win as a member of Northeastern State after recording a quality start. He lasted 6.0 innings and only allowed four hits and two unearned runs. Preston Cash had two hits in both games and homered for the RiverHawks. Cody Robinson also hit a home run. Southwest is 5-6, 5-6 and the teams complete the series at 1 p.m. today.
BACONE 12, SOUTHWEST (N.M.) 7 – The Warriors (17-7, 8-1 RRAC) unleashed a 16-hit attack, exploding for six sixth-inning runs and four in the seventh to win going away. Jean Ortiz led the way for Bacone with four hits in five at-bats, driving in four runs. Anthony Seabolt, Muskogee High grad Antonio Horn and Eric Folkers each had two hits.
Southwest (5-14, 2-7) had 11 hits off two of the four Bacone pitchers. Winning pitcher Jesse Fish (2-0) pitched four innings of no-hit ball for the win, retiring all 12 batters he faced.
ARKANSAS 4, SAN DIEGO STATE 3 – Joe Serrano's two-out, walk-off home run in the ninht lifted the Razorbacks (9-5). Serrano and Tyler Spoon each had tow hits. Jason Beeks (2-0) got back-to-back strikeouts to escape a seventh-inning ham and gave up one hit in 2 2/3 innings for the win.
OSU 2, LOYOLA MARYMOUNT 1 – Tanner Krietemeier’s solo home run in the bottom of the 10th inning lifted Oklahoma State to a over Loyola Marymount Friday in Stillwater.
For the Cowboys, Friday’s game marked their second-straight walk-off win in extra innings as they improved to 11-2 on the season. OSU is also now 3-0 in extra-inning games and 9-1 on its home field.
- OSU OC pumped up for second season
- Oklahoma State ex Blackmon arrested in Edmond
- Getting ready early: OSU using summer to prepare for Florida State
- ORU, OSU, TU to play in Vegas
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Former OSU line coach having impact on Texas
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OSU notebook
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - Commish: Change may not be pleasant
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - OSU defense: Holes to fill
- More OSU Headlines