CONNORS SPLITS WITH SEMINOLE – Connors State connected on four home runs and 24 base hits as the Cowboys split their doubleheader with Seminole State, winning the opener 4-2 before losing the nightcap 10-9 in 13 innings. Tahlequah ex Eric Kirkpatrick had one of the four home runs while Hilldale grad Jarrard Poteete drove in the first run of the game on a bases-loaded walk and scored a run on Kirkpatrick’s home run.
NSU, MSSU WIN ONE EACH – The RiverHawks dropped the first game of Saturday’s doubleheader at Missouri Southern 6-5 before taking the nightcap 8-6. The RiverHawks (19-21, 15-17 MIAA) went up early in game two scoring four runs in the top of the second. NSU scored two runs in the seventh and added an insurance run in the ninth to put the game away.
OSU 9, W. VA. 2 – Oklahoma State secured its third-straight Big 12 Conference series win Saturday as the Cowboys defeated West Virginia in Morgantown, W. Va. With its 15th come-from-behind win, OSU improved to 25-10 overall and 7-4 in Big 12 play. The Cowboys will play for a series sweep at noon today.
TEXAS 7, OU 2 – Texas scored four runs in the fourth inning and two in the fifth to break a 1-1 tie to beat Oklahoma on Saturday. Adam Choplick went just 3 2/3 innings and he was tagged for five runs on seven hits and two walks as he dropped to 3-2.
ORAL ROBERTS 7, S.F. AUSTIN 1 – Oral Roberts extended its winning streak to four games on Saturday as the Golden Eagles clinched their first Southland Conference series victory with a win over Stephen F. Austin. ORU moved to 18-16 overall on the season and improved to 6-8 in the Southland. SFA matched ORU’s conference record with the loss and fell to 15-19 overall.
LSU 5, ARKANSAS 4 – The LSU Tigers scored a run in the bottom of the ninth to beat Arkansas on Saturday. The Razorbacks (21-15, 6-8 SEC) had rallied from a four-run deficit to tie the game in the seventh inning.
- BIG 12 MEDIA DAYS: Great expectations: Sooners believe predictions are valid
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OU notebook
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Questions abound as Big 12 Media Days draw near
- Big 12 media days, who’s coming
- Kool-Aid or truth serum? Big 12 football poll has this columnist skeptical
- College football notebook: Big 12 predictions; TU schedule add
- OU game versus Baylor sold out
- Two OU football games sold out
- More OU Headlines