Phoenix Staff Reports
The Big 12 and Southeastern Conferences announced a four-season annual men’s basketball challenge that will begin during the 2013-14 season.
Oklahoma State gets South Carolina at home on Dec. 6. Oklahoma’s first game in the series was already on the schedule. It will face Texas A&M Dec. 21 at the Toyota Center in Houston.
The majority of the Big 12/SEC Challenge games are scheduled for Dec. 2-6, but the OU-Texas A&M game will take place outside the four-day series window due to scheduling issues.
In future years, the two conferences will work with ESPN to schedule all games across consecutive days. ESPN will televise all 10 games on it networks. Start times and television broadcast information will be announced at a later date.
This will be the first “challenge” event for Big 12 men’s basketball since a four-year series with the Pac-10 ran from 2007-10.The Big 12 had a 28-20 advantage in games played in that event.
The Sooners also are slated to meet SEC member Arkansas this season.
• Nov. 14: Texas Tech at Alabama
• Dec. 2: Vanderbilt at Texas, Auburn at Iowa State
• Dec. 5: Mississippi at Kansas State, West Virginia at Missouri, TCU at Mississippi State
• Dec. 6: South Carolina at Oklahoma State, Baylor vs. Kentucky (Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas)
• Dec. 10: Kansas at Florida
• Dec. 21: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M (Toyota Center, Houston, Texas)