CONNORS 4, MURRAY ST. 3 – Hilldale ex Jarrard Poteete laced a single through the right side of the infield, bringing Christian Perez home with the game-winning run in the 15th inning on Sunday to extend the No. 1 Cowboys’ victory streak to 16 in a row.
Poteete had two hits in the game with the one RBI, Sequoyah grad Eric Kirkpatrick had one RBI and former Vian Wolverine Landon Decker scored a run in the 15th which tied the game at 3-3.
OSU 9, TCU 4 – Oklahoma State won the rubber match of its series with TCU on Sunday as the Cowboys picked up the victory in Stillwater. Sunday’s outcome gave OSU its first Big 12 Conference series win of the season as the Cowboys improved to 3-3 in league play and 19-9 overall.
KANSAS 4, OU 3 – Down to its final strike in three straight at-bats, the University of Oklahoma baseball team battled back to tie the game in the top of the ninth, but ultimately fell in the bottom to Kansas on Sunday. The Sooners took their second straight Big 12 series despite dropping to 20-9 overall and 4-2 in the league. The Jayhawks improved to 18-10 and 3-3.
UCO 20, NSU 3 – Central Oklahoma scored at least two runs in each inning in run-ruling NSU in Edmond on Sunday. The loss drops the RiverHawks to 14-17 on the year, 10-14 in the MIAA.
NICHOLLS ST. 2, ORU 1 – Gavin Glanz allowed just four hits while striking out six for the Golden Eagles but the Nicholls State Colonels struck in the ninth to top Oral Roberts in Thibodaux, La., on Sunday. ORU dropped to 12-14 overall and 3-6 in Southland Conference play, while the Colonels improved their first place conference record to 7-2 and 15-14 overall.
MISS. ST. 5, ARKANSAS 1 – The Razorbacks (17-10, 4-5 SEC) dropped the series finale at Mississippi State (20-10, 6-3) on Sunday. Chris Oliver (2-3) suffered the loss for the Razorbacks, lasting 6 1/3 innings and giving up four runs on seven hits, while walking one and striking out three. Colin Poché and Jacob Stone came on in relief and combined to work 1 2/3 innings and not allow an earned run.
- Sooners moving on: OU ready to get past Sugar Bowl
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Great expectations: Sooners believe predictions are valid
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Could be familiar to Sooner faithful
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OU notebook
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Questions abound as Big 12 Media Days draw near
- Big 12 media days, who’s coming
- Kool-Aid or truth serum? Big 12 football poll has this columnist skeptical
- College football notebook: Big 12 predictions; TU schedule add
- More OU Headlines