NSU TAKES TWO – The Northeastern State baseball game took both ends of a doubleheader from Lincoln, 20-2 and 13-1, Friday in Tahlequah.
In the first game, Kyle Singleton hit for the cycle, finishing 4-for-5, including his third home run of the season, with five runs scored and four RBIs. The second game saw Ryan Helsley take a no-hitter into the final inning, ending the game giving up one earned run while striking out six and walking four.
OU 11, KANSAS ST. 4 – The Sooners opened Big 12 play with an eight-run explosion in the fifth inning to take Game 1 of the three-game set in Norman.
Sheldon Neuse and Anthony Hermelyn led the way for OU (17-6, 1-0 Big 12), both going 3-for-5 with Hermelyn driving in two runs while scoring three.
ORU, MCNEESE ST. SPLIT – Guillermo Trujillo highlighted an Oral Roberts University baseball doubleheader split on Friday at McNeese State in Lake Charles, La. The Golden Eagles fell to the Cowboys in a back and forth game one, 12-6, but rode Trujillo’s arm in game two, 2-0.
The split moved ORU’s overall record to 10-11 and 2-3 in the Southland, while McNeese is now 13-8 and 3-2 in the SLC.
OSU DROPS BIG 12 OPENER – After The Cowboys had tied Baylor at 1-1 in the top of the third, the Bears regained the lead for good with two runs in the bottom of the frame as OSU lost 4-1.
ALABAMA 17, ARKANSAS 9 – The Razorbacks watched as the Crimson Tide scored 15 runs in three innings to blow open the game in Fayetteville, Ark., on Friday. Alabama (15-6) had grabbed a 3-0 lead in the top of the fourth but Arkansas (11-8) took the lead in the bottom of the inning with four runs of its own. The Tide took the lead for good with five runs in the fifth and put the game away with seven in the sixth.
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Great expectations: Sooners believe predictions are valid
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Could be familiar to Sooner faithful
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OU notebook
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Questions abound as Big 12 Media Days draw near
- Big 12 media days, who’s coming
- Kool-Aid or truth serum? Big 12 football poll has this columnist skeptical
- College football notebook: Big 12 predictions; TU schedule add
- OU game versus Baylor sold out
- More OU Headlines