CONNORS 15, JEFFERSON COLLEGE 8 – Connors State made it a sweep of Jefferson (Mo.) College on Sunday, cruising to the victory.
Connors (10-1) pounded out 16 hits in the victory, scoring in every inning but the fourth and sixth. Eric Kirkpatrick was perfect at the plate, going 4-for-4 with four RBIs.
BACONE 7, BETHANY (KAN.) 4; BACONE 9, BETHANY 8 – The Warriors scored a run in the bottom of the seventh of the nightcap, then held on for the win to complete the sweep of the three-game series after scoring three runs on the sixth inning of the opener that broke a 4-4 tie.
Edwin Torres was 4-for-6 in the two games for Bacone (8-4) with two runs scored and three RBIs. Pake Montgomery (1-0) got the win in the first game with a complete game, giving up two earned runs while striking out four and walking three while Michael Kirkland (2-1) pitched the final 1 1/3 innings to earn the victory, just surrendering one earned run.
OHIO ST. 6, OKLAHOMA 3 – Jake Elliott pitched six solid innings in a seven-inning effort, but the Oklahoma was unable to overcome a three-run fourth in a loss to Ohio State in Orlando, Fla., on Sunday. The loss was the second straight for the Sooners, who dropped to 5-3 while the Buckeyes improved to 5-2.
OKLAHOMA ST. 11, OAKLAND 1 – Eight different Cowboys collected hits as Oklahoma State (8-1) claimed a series win over Oakland on Sunday in Stillwater.
TEXAS TECH 4, ORAL ROBERTS 1 – Texas Tech broke a 1-1 tie with three runs in the fourth inning to beat Oral Roberts in Lubbock, Texas, on Sunday. ORU fell to 1-5 this season while the Red Raiders improved to 6-1.
ARKANSAS 8, E. ILLINOIS 3 – Andrew Benintendi was 2-for-4 at the plate with a two-run home run, three runs scored and two RBIs to lead Arkansas (6-0) to a come-from-behind victory on Sunday over Eastern Illinois (1-6) that completed the Razorbacks’ second sweep in as many series this season.
- BIG 12 MEDIA DAYS: Great expectations: Sooners believe predictions are valid
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OU notebook
- COLUMN: Big 12 commissioner levels while the NCAA stays silent
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Questions abound as Big 12 Media Days draw near
- Big 12 media days, who’s coming
- Kool-Aid or truth serum? Big 12 football poll has this columnist skeptical
- College football notebook: Big 12 predictions; TU schedule add
- OU game versus Baylor sold out
- Two OU football games sold out
- More OU Headlines