NORMAN – University of Oklahoma men’s basketball junior forward Amath M'Baye was named Phillips 66 Big 12 Rookie of the Week on Monday for the second time this season.
In OU's lone game of the week, the 6-foot-9, 208-pounder scored 16 points and added a team-high-tying six rebounds and a season-high three steals in a 74-63 home win over Ohio on Saturday. M'Baye was 6-for-8 from the field and 4-for-5 from the free throw line in his 22 minutes.
On the year, the Preseason Big 12 Newcomer of the Year is averaging 9.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while shooting .488 from the field in 23.4 minutes per contest. He ranks second on the team with nine blocked shots
- Sooners refuse to be known as spoiler
- Sooners rally to down Cowboys
- Area women's college basketball
- Sooners use time off for offensive line to heal
- Senior sparks OU to victory over Arkansas-LR
- OU: Offense isn’t a drastic shift
- Sooners’ attention now turns to Bedlam
- Michigan State gets by Oklahoma
- Sooners beat K-State to give Stoops record
- Mad rally lifts OU past Seton Hall and into Coaches vs. Cancer finals
- More OU Headlines