VIAN TRIPS SALLISAW AT SEQUOYAH COUNTY TOURNEY – Eric Casey grabbed a steal and made a layup in the final seconds of overtime to lead the Vian Wolverines to a 41-38 win over Sallisaw in the first round of the Sequoyah County tournament on Monday.
Casey led the Wolverines (1-1) in scoring with 12 points while Mason Kittrell had 10 points. Vian will play the winner of today’s game between Gore and Roland at 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Muldrow.
MIDWAY 35, WEBBERS FALLS 34 – at Webbers Falls, the Lady Chargers won a tightly contested battle with Webbers Falls behind the scoring efforts of Halee Crosby with 11 points and Alexa Minor and Morgan Hayes with 10 points each. Cammi Farrar scored 14 points for the Lady Warriors. Both teams will play their next games in the Arkansas River Shootout on Thursday. Midway (5-3) will play Leflore at 4 p.m., and Webbers Falls (4-6) will play Warner at 6:40 p.m.
All games 6:30/8 p.m.
Tahlequah at Bishop Kelley (G/B)
Okay at Warner (G/B)
Eufaula (B) vs. Kiefer, 6:20 p.m.
Eufaula (G) vs Metro Christian, 7:40 p.m.
SEQUOYAH COUNTY TOURNAMENT
Boys: Gore vs. Roland at Muldrow, 8 p.m.; Stigler vs. Central at Gans, 8 p.m.
Girls: Stigler vs. Vian at Gans, 6:30 p.m.; Gore at Muldrow, 6:30 p.m.
- Tigers wallop No. 1 VC, return to state for first time since 2010
- Roughers close in on state berth
- Lady Hornets rally, move within a game of state berth
- Ready for a rock fight? OT loss by FTG sets up battle with rival for state
- Sequoyah splits in 3A area finals
- Vian girls still alive; Eufaula boys are out
- Prep roundup
- NSU knocks off top seed, in semifinals
- Connors falls in five-overtime semifinal
- Prep roundup and today's schedule
- More Sports Headlines