The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Bill Muse 2012 Cowboy Shooting and Offensive Skills Camp, Dec. 15-16 at Connors State, for boys and girls ages 8-up. Contact: Bill Muse, (918) 463-6231.
• On the Rise Inc. and Playmakers Fundamental Basketball Academy Training/Mentoring, ages 7 and up. Sessions begin 6:15-7:30 p.m. and will begin Oct. 16, $75 for a week or $35 for one session. All sessions will be held in the Muskogee area at a location to be announced. To register, contact Muskogee High assistant boys basketball coaches Robert Dubose, (405) 219-4257 or email@example.com or Jimmie Walker, (918) 850-8192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Muskogee Parks and Recreation youth league registration Oct. 27 at the Muskogee Public Library, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Grades 1-6 boys and girls may play. League begins Jan. 5. Cost: $30. Contact: Denise Hickman, director, (918) 684-6345 or email@example.com.
• Warner Backboard Spirit League, co-sponsored by the Warner junior high and high school varsity cheerleaders. Cost per player: $60. Boys teams and girls teams, grades 1-2 and 3-4. League begins Nov. 17 and runs for four Saturdays. Team sign-ups can be done at the coaches meeting Oct. 25 in the hospitality room at the Warner Event Center. Contact: Kristi Taylor, (918) 869-8355.
• Volunteer coaches and certified officials needed for Muskogee Parks and Recreation youth league. League divisions are for grades 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6. Contact: Denise Hickman, director, (918) 684-6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Muskogee High baseball team four-person benefit scramble. Oct. 19 at CobbleStone Golf Course. Entry fee: $50 per golfer, $200 per team. Contact: Jeremy Griffin, (918) 919-1566.
• Baptist Collegiate Ministries fundraiser tournament, CobbleStone Golf Club, 9 a.m., Oct. 20. Cost: $140 per four-person team in best ball scramble. Contact: James Kizzia, (918) 348-6304.
• Monster Dash 5K trail road/obstacle run and Mummy 1K Fun Run, Oct. 20 at Sadler Arts Academy. Fund-raiser for Sadler seventh and eighth grade students’ “Celebrate Oklahoma field trip. Registration: 3:30 p.m. with 5K at 5 p.m. and fun run at 6 p.m. Contact: Georgie Chapuis, (918) 360-6588..
• Dice Dawson Tennis Tournament, rescheduled for Oct. 20 at Spaulding Park. Entry forms can be picked up at the Parks and Recreation Department next to Spaulding Park. Contact: Dice Dawson, (918) 260-0070.
• The Muskogee Mizuno will hold signups for kids age 8-18 today at the Muskogee Teen Center, 322 Callahan St. Players should wear volleyball gear ready to work out. All boys and girls will be placed on a team. It is not a tryout; no one will be cut. Registration: $50. League play starts Nov. 5 and runs through Dec. 14. Information: email@example.com, (918) 949-8903 or www.mus-kogeemizunos.com.