OKMULGEE TOURNAMENT – The Checotah Wildcats held on to beat Okmulgee 8-6 on Saturday to win the Okmulgee Sonic Classic. Jack Christian (6-1) was the winning pitcher for Checotah (23-6), pitching five innings and striking out three. Caleb Knight, the Classic’s Most Valuable Player, was 3-for-4 with his second home run of the season and two RBIs while Andrew Sands was 3-for-4 with an RBI. Knight, Sands and Mark miles were named to the All-Tournament team.
The Oktaha Tigers rode the arm and bat of Daceauda Davis to run-rule Warner 12-4. Davis pitched five innings and surrendered two earned runs on four hits while striking out five batters and was 2-for-4 with four RBIs at the plate. Dakota Berry was 3-for-4 with three RBIs for Oktaha (15-9) while Tyler Edgar was 2-for-4 with three runs scored. Stats for Warner were not available at press time.
- Sooners moving on: OU ready to get past Sugar Bowl
- Love of the sport keeps Muskogee driver going
- OSU OC pumped up for second season
- Oklahoma State ex Blackmon arrested in Edmond
- Bowling jamboree this weekend
- Outdoor notebook
- Auto racing glance
- Scoreboard, TV schedule
- Former Muskogee resident has mom to thank for launching lure
- Getting ready early: OSU using summer to prepare for Florida State
- More Sports Headlines