The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Coast to coast baseball invites local players ages 10-18 to an Aug. 2 tryout at Bacone College. Participants could possibly represent the United States in competition in Pureto Rico or work with top college coaches and pro scouts at either a Florida or Arizona cam and showcase events. An instructional hitting camp will be held at the tryout as well. Tryout begins at 10 a.m. and hitting camp at 2 p.m. An additional tryout/camp will be held at 10 a.m. Aug. 3 at Oklahoma City University. Contact: (740) 373-4455.
• Eddie Kite Cowgirls Basketball Camps, 8 a.m. to noon July 23-26 for shooting and skills, at Connors State College. Cost is $75. Camps are for girls in grades K-6. Contact: (918) 463-6305.
• Hilldale Youth Football, grades 1-6. Players must attend either Hilldale, Warner or Oktaha. Register at sportabase.com under Hilldale or contact Szabi Szabo at (918) 697-5441 for more information.
• Muskogee Youth Football, grades K-7. Player must attend Muskogee Public Schools. Register online at muskogeeyouthfootball.org. Contact: Boyd Jones at (918) 348-1269 or Dan Hall at (918) 869-2559.
• Dream Camp, Muskogee Country Club, July 23-25 for ages 8-11 and July 30-Aug. 1 for 12-16. Contact: (918) 682-3721.
• Tahlequah High will be offering athletic physicals every Friday in July at Tahlequah Urgent Care. Athletes in grades 7-12 need to advise they are TPS students when they check in to get proper forms. Physicals must be taken before any athletic participation in 2013-14. Info: (918) 458-4154.