STILLWATER — Oklahoma State plans to appeal to the NCAA to restore a final year of eligibility for swingman Jean-Paul Olukemi after discovering a problem with his transcripts.
Coach Travis Ford said Wednesday that Olukemi would have only one semester of eligibility remaining if the NCAA doesn’t rule in his favor.
Ford says Olukemi took classes at a junior college during his final semester of high school that count against his eligibility. He then played a full season at Vincennes University before transferring to Oklahoma State.
Olukemi averaged 11.1 points his first season with the Cowboys and was scoring 9.4 points per game before suffering a season-ending knee injury Dec. 31.
Ford says he believes there are extenuating circumstances that will convince the NCAA to allow Olukemi to play next season.
- Sports cancellations, changes
- BREAKING NEWS: Vian-Davis semifinal postponed
- Durant leads Thunder to 97-95 win over Kings
- Bruin’ a beatin’: Roughers win in coach’s dual debut
- Scoreboard, TV
- College basketball roundup
- Muskogee sweeps at Sapulpa
- For Vian, playoff path rings familiar tune
- Prep basketball roundup
- Hilldale seniors finish leaving big shoes to fill
- More Sports Headlines