Connors State Cowgirls head basketball coach Eddie Kite announced that three members of his 2011-12 basketball team has signed national letters-of-intent, sophomores Taylor Lloyd, Nikki Lewis and Tiffanie Abrams.
Lewis, a 5-foot-6 guard from Sequoyah, will continue her playing career at Tabor College in Hillsboro, Kan, an NAIA member. Lewis averaged 12.5 points last year and 4.2 assists a game while being selected as a honorable mention Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference selection pick last year.
Abrams, a 5-10 forward from Detroit, signed with NCAA Division II member Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, Mo. Abrams led the Cowgirls with 15.8 scoring average and 5.8 rebounds while shooting 44 percent from the three-point line. She was a first team All-OCAC selection this past season.
Lloyd, a 5-9 guard from Brooklyn, N.Y., signed with NAIA member school Park University in Kansas City, Mo. Lloyd averaged 8 points per game last season.
The three sophomores were members of the 2011 OCAC Champions and won 45 games during their two years with the Cowgirls.
- Durant leads Thunder to 97-95 win over Kings
- Bruin’ a beatin’: Roughers win in coach’s dual debut
- Scoreboard, TV
- College basketball roundup
- Muskogee sweeps at Sapulpa
- For Vian, playoff path rings familiar tune
- Prep basketball roundup
- Hilldale seniors finish leaving big shoes to fill
- Bedlam week: Rivalry can split up friends, families
- Sooners refuse to be known as spoiler
- More Sports Headlines