REDLANDS 76, CONNORS 72 — The Redlands Cougars upset the 22nd-ranked Connors Cowboys 76-72 as three Cowboys fouled out in the Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference in El Reno on Monday night.
The loss dropped the Cowboys to 17-5 for the season and 8-4 in OCAC play, while the Cougars improved to 8-14 for the year and 5-7 in conference play.
Josh Cameron led the Connors scoring attack with 19 points followed by Jamarcus Weatherspoon’s 18 points and Hakeem Harris’ 14.
REDLANDS 79, CONNORS 73 – Connors State battled Redlands to a 31-31 tie at the half, before the Lady Cougars streaked to a 15-point lead midway the second half and then held off a late Cowgirls’ bid to take an Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference win on Monday.
Connors is now 14-10 for the season and 4-8 in OCAC play while Redlands improves to 7-5 in conference play.
The Cowgirls had four players score in double figures with Tonisha Dean leading the scoring with 19 points, followed by Dakota Garrett’s 14 points, Kami Bunch with 10 and Shakemia Franklin with 10.
- Oklahoma State advances in Big 12 women's tourney
- UCO edges NSU in semis
- Saturday's prep basketball finals
- College basketball roundup
- Cowboys lose 16-point lead, fall at Iowa State
- OU routs TCU; No. 23 Sooners earn Big 12 2nd seed
- Tigers wallop No. 1 VC, return to state for first time since 2010
- Lady Hornets rally, move within a game of state berth
- Ready for a rock fight? OT loss by FTG sets up battle with rival for state
- Roughers close in on state berth
- More Sports Headlines