REDLANDS 76, CONNORS 72 — The Redlands Cougars upset the 22nd-ranked Connors Cowboys 76-72 as three Cowboys fouled out in the Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference in El Reno on Monday night.
The loss dropped the Cowboys to 17-5 for the season and 8-4 in OCAC play, while the Cougars improved to 8-14 for the year and 5-7 in conference play.
Josh Cameron led the Connors scoring attack with 19 points followed by Jamarcus Weatherspoon’s 18 points and Hakeem Harris’ 14.
REDLANDS 79, CONNORS 73 – Connors State battled Redlands to a 31-31 tie at the half, before the Lady Cougars streaked to a 15-point lead midway the second half and then held off a late Cowgirls’ bid to take an Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference win on Monday.
Connors is now 14-10 for the season and 4-8 in OCAC play while Redlands improves to 7-5 in conference play.
The Cowgirls had four players score in double figures with Tonisha Dean leading the scoring with 19 points, followed by Dakota Garrett’s 14 points, Kami Bunch with 10 and Shakemia Franklin with 10.
- Tripped up out west: Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Joining the FTG guys, Lady Tigers halt Hilldale’s run, head back to state for 10th time
- Sequoyah girls win in OT, join boys in return trip
- Area schools learn of state tourney schedule
- OSU falls to Baylor in Big 12 semis
- Keselowski fuels past Earnhardt Jr. for Vegas sweep
- Area swimmers qualify for state
- RiverHawk earns All-Tourney spot
- College baseball and softball roundup
- More Sports Headlines