Muskogee had two athletes commit or sign letters of intent Wednesday.
Tramal Ivy committed to Butler (Kan.) Community College in Kansas to play football next fall. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Ivy, the All-Phoenix Defensive Player of the Year and senior defensive end who also played linebacker and free safety had 77 tackles and set a school record for sacks with 19. Ivy was recruited by several Division I schools and will likely wind up there, similar to what another Rougher defensive lineman, Robert Thomas, did when attending Coffeyville Community College in Kansas before heading to the University of Arkansas, where he just finished his senior year.
Shaylee Rowland signed Wednesday to play softball at Northern (Enid). The All-Phoenix selection in both slowpitch and fastpitch was 23-9 with a 1.91 ERA and 94 strikeouts in 212 innings this past fastpitch season as MHS made the 6A state quarterfinals. She was the 2013 All-Phoenix MVP in slowpitch.
- Freshman leads Hilldale past VC
- Vian girls, Eufaula boys move on in 3A consolation
- Connors men rally to move past Seminole
- Central Mo. brings NSU women’s year to an end
- Sports in Brief
- Feral hog hunting renders multiple benefits
- Outdoor notebook
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Suns rally to down Thunder
- Thursday's prep, college basketball scores
- More Sports Headlines