Muskogee had two athletes commit or sign letters of intent Wednesday.
Tramal Ivy committed to Butler (Kan.) Community College in Kansas to play football next fall. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Ivy, the All-Phoenix Defensive Player of the Year and senior defensive end who also played linebacker and free safety had 77 tackles and set a school record for sacks with 19. Ivy was recruited by several Division I schools and will likely wind up there, similar to what another Rougher defensive lineman, Robert Thomas, did when attending Coffeyville Community College in Kansas before heading to the University of Arkansas, where he just finished his senior year.
Shaylee Rowland signed Wednesday to play softball at Northern (Enid). The All-Phoenix selection in both slowpitch and fastpitch was 23-9 with a 1.91 ERA and 94 strikeouts in 212 innings this past fastpitch season as MHS made the 6A state quarterfinals. She was the 2013 All-Phoenix MVP in slowpitch.
- Almost blew this one: Thunder let 25-point lead slip to two, pull away to win Game 1
- Plenty of questions remain for Warriors
- Offense shines late for Golden Hurricane
- College athletics could be changing
- Prep baseball roundup and Monday's prep schedule
- Oklahoma, Florida share women’s national title
- College baseball and softball roundup
- Sports calendar
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Westbrook healthy this time around
- More Sports Headlines