The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Coast to coast baseball invites local players ages 10-18 to an Aug. 2 tryout at Bacone College. Participants could possibly represent the United States in competition in Pureto Rico or work with top college coaches and pro scouts at either a Florida or Arizona cam and showcase events. An instructional hitting camp will be held at the tryout as well. Tryout begins at 10 a.m. and hitting camp at 2 p.m. An additional tryout/camp will be held at 10 a.m. Aug. 3 at Oklahoma City University. Contact: (740) 373-4455.
• Hilldale Youth Football, grades 1-6. Players must attend either Hilldale, Warner or Oktaha. Register at sportabase.com under Hilldale or contact Szabi Szabo at (918) 697-5441 for more information.
• Muskogee Youth Football, grades K-7. Player must attend Muskogee Public Schools. Register online at muskogeeyouthfootball.org. Contact: Boyd Jones at (918) 348-1269 or Dan Hall at (918) 869-2559.
• Dream Camp, Muskogee Country Club, July 30-Aug. 1 for 12-16. Contact: (918) 682-3721.
• Fourth annual Waterloop Trail Run, 6 p.m. Aug. 10, Honor Heights Park. Cost: $25 before Aug. 3 and $30 after Aug. 3. All proceeds benefit Women Who Care and Women in Safe Home. Information and registration: www.waterloop.net.
• Hometown Hope Run, 8 a.m. Sept. 7 at the Gospel Rescue Mission (2nd and Elgin). All proceeds go will go towards the Gospel Rescue Mission. Register at hometownhope.eventbrite.com. Pre-register by Aug. 30 to get an event t-shirt. Cost: $25 for 5k, $20 for Fun Run. Contact email@example.com.
• Superhero 5K and Fun Run, 5 p.m. Sept. 21 at Honor Heights Park. Cost: $30 for adults, $25 for children 12-and-under. All proceeds go to Corey Coleman, wife of Muskogee High softball coach Keith Coleman, who is battling cancer. Superhero costumes encouraged but not required. Prizes will be given for best costumes. Register at http://muskogeesuperhero5k.eventbrite.com or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Church coed league, Love-Hatbox complex. Entry deadline: Aug. 1. Cost: $350 plus umpire fees. Contact: Jody, (918) 351-4028.
• 23rd Dice Dawson International tournament, Spaulding Park, Sept. 21. Cost: $14 for singles, $22 for doubles. Contact: (918) 260-0070 or email@example.com.
• Muskogee Swim and Fitness Center will host a bench press competition for competitors age 16 and older Aug. 2 at Arrowhead Mall’s food court. Weigh-ins begin at 6 p.m. and lifts at 7. Registration is $25 and is due by Aug. 1. Contact: (918) 681-4733.