OU softball coach honored
Oklahoma softball coach Patty Gasso was one of three members inducted into the National Fastpitch Coaches Association Hall of Fame Friday night at the 2012 NFCA Convention in Orlando, Fla.
The upcoming 2013 season will be Gasso's 19th year at the helm of Oklahoma. She has reached the postseason in all 18 of her years at OU, including seven trips to the Women's College World Series, highlighted by the school's 2000 national championship.
Tulsa volleyball out at NCAAs
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Making its third straight NCAA appearance, Tulsa fell to No. 15-ranked Florida 3-0 (25-9, 25-21, 25-21) to see its season draw to a close at the O’Connell Center on Friday during the first round of the NCAA championship.
Tulsa (26-10) was led by senior outside hitter Tyler Henderson, who tallied 17 kills after recording zero in the first frame. She leaves the school as the NCAA all-time leader in kills during the 25-point rally-scoring era.
- Sooners cancel Cowboys' Fiesta plans, 33-24
- Hobbs’ career-high leads NSU to road win
- Arkansas' D takes down Clemson
- OU slant: Sooners knock Cowboys out of Fiesta plans; launch selves into BCS contention
- OSU slant: Cowboys' fade turns BCS hopes to black
- COLUMN: Bell a hero again in an unlikely finish
- Roland runs hard, but it isn’t enough
- Sports calendar
- No. 10 Michigan St. shocks No. 2 Ohio St. 34-24
- No. 20 Duke routed 45-7 by No. 1 FSU for ACC title
- More Sports Headlines