The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to email@example.com. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Agility program to be held locally for ages 6-15, June 3-Aug. 3. Focus on running, jumping, throwing, strength building, speed and more. Space is limited. Deadline: May 1. Early registration receives 10 percent discount. Lunch provided. Contact: (918) 348-0352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 26, 27 and 29 USSSA qualifying tournament at Love-Hatbox Sports Complex. Ages 6-8, entry fee $75. Ages 9-14 $100. OK Kids teams are welcome. No Sunday morning games. Enter online http://oklahomausssabaseballtournaments.com/okusssa/tournament-information/tourn-entry/ or call Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745.
• Wounded Warrior Weekend in Muskogee Love Hatbox Sports Complex May 4-6. USSSA qualifying tournament. OK Kids teams are welcome. No Sunday morning games. The Wounded Warrior Team will play the Muskogee Police & Fire Department and the VA in slowpitch softball games. Come play the baseball tournament and watch the Softball Games supporting our wounded warriors. 6- to 8-under $100, 9-under and up are $200. Enter online at: http://oklahomausssabaseballtournaments. com/okusssa/tournament-information/tourn-entry/ or call Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745 for more information.
• USSSA qualifying tournament May 10-12. Butterfly Garden opens Mother’s Day. Come play baseball and see our beautiful butterfly garden. No Sunday morning games. 6-under to 8-under $100, 9-under and up is $200. Call Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745 for more information. Enter on line at: http://oklahomausssabaseballtournaments.com/okusssa/tournament-information/tourn-entry/.
• Wood Bat Baseball Tournament Love Hatbox Sports Complex Muskogee. May 27-29, no Sunday morning games. Coincides with the opening of the water park. Play some old school baseball with the wood bat. $100 for 6-under to 8-under. $200 For 9-under and up. OK Kids teams are welcome. Enter online:http://oklahomausssabaseballtournaments.com/okusssa/tournament-information/tourn-entry/ Call Marie Gassaway for more information (918) 682-3745.
• Bill Muse Cowboy Basketball Camps for boys at Connors State College. Day camps, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 17-20 and July 15-18. Shooting Camp for boys and girls July 19-20. Register before May 15 to receive a free basketball. Contact: (918) 463-6231.
• Banshees Pre-Nationals Tune-Up sponsored by Fayetteville, Ark., Banshees Elite 2017. Cost per team: $175; $125 multi-team discount, June 22-23 in Fayetteville. Information: www.nwabanshees.com or contact: Nathan Sadler, tournament director, at (501) 815-3449 or Lee Shannon, co-director, at (479) 790-6970 or by email at email@example.com.
• Bacone College men’s basketball team, April 23, Palmer Center. Players to meet at PC at 2 p.m., tour campus at 2:30 p.m. and begin tryouts at 3 p.m. Contact: Josh Nichols at (918) 781-7420
• “Red and White Rumble” alumni style game between Hilldale and Fort Gibson alum, 2 p.m. May 5. Any graduate from either school is eligible to play. Cost of $40 includes a T-shirt, mouthpiece and insurance. Each team will provide equipment, unless you choose to use your own. Proceeds will benefit both Hilldale and Fort Gibson programs. Hilldale registrants contact Mike Jacobs, (918) 816-0734; for Fort Gibson, Jordan Kelly, (918) 232-8175.
• Stidham Redhawks two-man scramble, moved from April 23 to April 25 at Whispering Meadows Golf Course in Warner. Tee time is 5 p.m. Cost: $30 per person or $60 per team. The winning team will be paid $200 and runner-up $150. Proceeds will help pay for ORES championship rings. Contact: Lucky Tarkington, (918) 441-6813 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Golf Fore-Char-I-Tee, 11 a.m. May 3, Muskogee Country Club. Presented by the Service League of Muskogee. Lunch starts at 11, shotgun start at 1 p.m. Mulligans, 50/50, hole games and door prizes. All proceeds will be distributed as scholarships to local high school graduates. Information: email@example.com.
• Bedlam Golf Challenge vs. Youth Scholarship Drive, 10 a.m. May 11 at Fountainhead Golf Course. Proceeds benefit Platinum Tee Scholarship Fund. Contact: Ron Venters, (918) 361-1259, Tony Peters, (918) 520-4688 or Jo Coleman, (918) 689-3209.
• Seventh annual Kelly B. Todd Charity Tournament sponsored by Mobility Plus, four-person scramble, 11 a.m. May 20 at Muskogee Country Club. Proceeds benefit the Kelly B. Todd Cerebral Palsy and Neuro-Muscular Center. Cost: $400 per team, $100 for individuals through May 1, at which time costs are $125 individual and $500 team. Lunch, practice and all fees included. Register online at www.mobilityplus-kbtgolf.eventbrite.com or contact Shelly Hughey, (918) 687-2947.
• Connors State athletic department scramble, June 8, CobbleStone Golf Course. Entries limited to first 36 teams. Proceeds will fund student athletic scholarships. Four-person entry is $100 per person which includes fees, cart and lunch. Cash prizes. Shotgun start at 8 a.m. Contact: Bill Muse (918) 463-6231.
• Indian Capital Technology Center Tech Trek 5k & fun run, ICTC campus, 8 a.m., April 27. All proceeds go towards ICTC Foundation. Contact: Shannon Barnes, (918) 348-7931 or email shannonb@ ictctech.com.
• Men’s and women’s fastpitch, 7-3 coed tournaments, May 24-26 at Claude Cox Omniplex, Okmulgee. Deadline: May 22. Entry fee: $150. 44 core 375 on ball for coed, 47 core for fastpitch. Minimum of 10 teams needed. Text or contact: Randy Steed, (918) 931-9463.
• Laney Benefit Coed (7/3) tournament, April 27 at Hatbox. Cost: $150 per team. Contact: Jody, (918) 351-4028 or Gail, (918) 616-3744.
• Little Diggers Clinic, April 22-24, 6-8 p.m., Muskogee High School volleyball gym. Cost: $40, includes a T-shirt. Contact: John Hammer (918) 348-8180.