Bacone’s Zack Pilkington’s fifth-place finish at Saturday’s NAIA Regional wrestling tournament in Baker, Kan., qualified him for the NAIA nationals March 1 in Des Moines, Iowa.
Zack Pilkington finished fifth at 133 pounds and sophomore Tyler Klinkhammer took sixth at 141 pounds.
Pilkington, a freshman from Lusby, Md., defeated Alan Gassman out of Baker College 9-6 for fifth place and punch his ticket to the national tournament.
“Overall, we were disappointed in the results of the team,” Bacone coach Brett Oleson added. “We felt we had a good shot to qualify six but it just didn’t work out that way.”
- Freshman leads Hilldale past VC
- Vian girls, Eufaula boys move on in 3A consolation
- Connors men rally to move past Seminole
- Central Mo. brings NSU women’s year to an end
- Sports in Brief
- Feral hog hunting renders multiple benefits
- Outdoor notebook
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Suns rally to down Thunder
- Thursday's prep, college basketball scores
- More Sports Headlines