Bacone’s Zack Pilkington’s fifth-place finish at Saturday’s NAIA Regional wrestling tournament in Baker, Kan., qualified him for the NAIA nationals March 1 in Des Moines, Iowa.
Zack Pilkington finished fifth at 133 pounds and sophomore Tyler Klinkhammer took sixth at 141 pounds.
Pilkington, a freshman from Lusby, Md., defeated Alan Gassman out of Baker College 9-6 for fifth place and punch his ticket to the national tournament.
“Overall, we were disappointed in the results of the team,” Bacone coach Brett Oleson added. “We felt we had a good shot to qualify six but it just didn’t work out that way.”
- Westbrook healthy this time around
- Double blanking by FGHS: Lady Tigers take district with shutout of Keys; boys mercy-rule Hugo
- Roughers stay in postseason contention with win
- Hornets surge early, hold off Tigers for run-rule victory
- Tulsa hires Haith to lead men’s basketball program
- Prep roundup and today's schedule
- College baseball and softball roundup
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Roughers’ gifts propel Trojans
- Wagoner’s pressure, breaks do Hilldale in
- More Sports Headlines