MUSKOGEE 11, SAND SPRINGS 3 — Ethan Barton had four hits, drove in three runs and pitched two shutout innings as the Roughers (10-17) won the non-district game at Sand Springs.
Trey Gatzman added three hits, while Tyler Bowden and Jones each had two hits and two RBIs. Luke Smith had two hits and two RBIs. Jones threw five innings to pick up his first decision of the season. MHS scored three runs in the first inning and five in the third against the Okrankings.com Class 6A No. 7 team.
BETHEL 1, EUFAULA 0 – The Ironheads managed only two hits in the loss at Bethel.
The defeat of Eufaula (11-11) spoiled the outing by Trey Moore (4-5) who scattered four hits with five strikeouts and was tagged with the loss.
VIAN TAKES TWO AT STILWELL TOURNEY – The Vian Wolverines, No. 2 in the Okrankings.com Class 3A poll, improved to 26-2 on the year with a 10-2 win over Tulsa Noah and an 8-4 victory over Sequoyah at the Stilwell tournament.
Rowdy Simon kept his record perfect at 7-0 with the win in the first game while Jon Andrews improved to 8-1 with the victory over Sequoyah. Against NOAH, Landon Decker led off the game with his second home run of the season while Simon hit a three-run shot in the second, also his second of the year. Simon went 1-for-2 in the second game with two runs scored while Dan Weer, who was 2-for-3 with two RBIs against NOAH, was 1-for-2 against Sequoyah.
The Wolverines next play at 4 p.m. Monday at home against Stigler to be followed by a game with Hulbert.
MHS DOUBLES WIN — The Muskogee duo of Shan Bradley and Stephen Crank won the No. 1 doubles title at the Broken Arrow Invitational on Saturday, beating Manes-Molina of Tahlequah 6-2, 6-2 in the finals. The No. 2 duo of Ryan Pearce-Seth Chapuis won the consolation finals and beat Bixby in their last match.
- Tripped up out west: Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Joining the FTG guys, Lady Tigers halt Hilldale’s run, head back to state for 10th time
- Sequoyah girls win in OT, join boys in return trip
- Area schools learn of state tourney schedule
- OSU falls to Baylor in Big 12 semis
- Keselowski fuels past Earnhardt Jr. for Vegas sweep
- Area swimmers qualify for state
- RiverHawk earns All-Tourney spot
- College baseball and softball roundup
- More Sports Headlines