The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Eufaula Rocking the Cove Bike Rally, Eufaula Cove Amphitheater, Oct. 11-13. Gates open at noon Oct. 11. Entry: $25. Portion of proceeds to go Eufaula Animal Shelter and Oklahoma Fallen and Living Firefighters Memorial.
• The Castle Zombie 5K, obstacle course run, Sept. 14. Entry $50 to race day. Proceeds benefit the WISH House. Additional info at okcastle.com. Contact: (918) 687-3625.
• The United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee 2K and 5K Fun Run, 7:10 a.m., Sept. 14, Doc Wadley Stadium, Tahlequah. On-site registration is from 6:15 to 6:45 a.m. Saturday at Doc Wadley Stadium parking lot. Entry fee: $12. Medals awarded in 5K. Age groups: male and female 10-17, 18-45 and 46-over. Information: Tim Good Voice or Elizabeth Bird at (918) 431-1818.
• Run Gore 5K and Fun Run, 8 a.m. Sept. 21, sponsored by Gore Chamber of Commerce to be held at Gore Landing. Early registration is $20, deadline of Sept. 11. Race day fees are $25 for the 5K and $15 for the fun run. Register online at rungore.eventbrite.com or email email@example.com.
• Superhero 5K and Fun Run, 5 p.m. Sept. 21 at Honor Heights Park. Cost: $30 for adults, $25 for children 12-and-under. All proceeds go to Corey Coleman, wife of Muskogee High softball coach Keith Coleman, who is battling cancer. Superhero costumes encouraged but not required. Prizes will be given for best costumes. Register at http://muskogeesuperhero5k.eventbrite.com or contact: chelsi. wallingford @gmail.com.
• Native American World Series softball, Sequoyah Fields, Sept. 27-29. Men’s fastpitch and coed slowpitch divisions. Must have 10 teams in each division. Hoodies, bats, possibly uniforms among praises. Native American qualifications according to playnsa.com. Contact: Randy Steed, (918) 931-9463.
• United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee 5-on-5 coed and men’s fastpitch tournaments, Sequoyah fields, Oct. 4-5. Limited to first paid-in-full 16 teams. Entry fee: $150. Contact: Chris Stopp, (918) 905-0537 or Amanda Stopp at (918) 207-5120.
• 23rd Dice Dawson International tournament, Spaulding Park, Sept. 21. Cost: $14 for singles, $22 for doubles. Contact: (918) 260-0070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.