LSU 65, ARKANSAS 60 —— At Baton Rouge, La., Charles Carmouche scored a season-high 26 points, and LSU held on for a 65-60 victory over Arkansas after nearly squandering a 22-point lead Wednesday night.
Carmouche was 9-of-11 shooting, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range. LSU (17-9, 8-7 Southeastern Conference), has won eight of its last 11 league games.
Marshawn Powell had 17 points and Mardracus Wade added 15 for Arkansas (17-11, 8-7), which dropped to 1-8 on the road and 1-10 outside Arkansas, including two neutral-site losses.
TEXAS TECH 61, OSU 53 — The Cowgirls (19-8, 8-8) outshot the Red Raiders 51.1 percent (23-of-45) to 33.9 perent (21-of-62) but were the victim of 23 turnovers, more than twice Tech’s 11, and lost in Lubbock, Texas.
Chyanna Brown’s 22-point effort led Texas Tech (21-7, 11-5). Brittney Martin scored 13, Kendra Suttles had 11 and Toni Young 10 for the Cowgirls, who lost a chance to close within one game of the Red Raiders, who are now tied with Iowa State for second in the Big 12.
- Almost blew this one: Thunder let 25-point lead slip to two, pull away to win Game 1
- Plenty of questions remain for Warriors
- Offense shines late for Golden Hurricane
- College athletics could be changing
- Prep baseball roundup and Monday's prep schedule
- Oklahoma, Florida share women’s national title
- College baseball and softball roundup
- Sports calendar
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Westbrook healthy this time around
- More Sports Headlines