FORT GIBSON 2, HEAVENER 1 (OT) — For Fort Gibson, lightning struck twice within a minute Tuesday at Heavener and the bolts gave Fort Gibson runner-up in 4A-6.
Johan Chavez scored off a corner kick on a play-in by Austin Ford with 10 seconds left in regulation, then 25 seconds into the first half of overtime, Ford’s toss in to Zach Peterson resulted in a header which found the net and the victory.
The win puts FGHS (8-2, 4-1) in a home playoff game on Friday against an opponent to be determined. It also knocked Heavener out of the third-place spot in the district, giving it to Stilwell.
FORT GIBSON 8, HEAVENER 1 — At Heavener, the Lady Tigers (9-1, 6-0) had no problems putting the wraps on an unbeaten District 4A-6 run.
Brooke Benham scored a pair of goals and Jordan Raynor, Gabby Escamillia, Sanya Jamuszewski, Shay Hatchett, Taylor Sparks and Sarah Nichols each added one. Kyndra Johnson had three saves and didn’t allow a goal until the final minutes on a penalty kick.
Fort Gibson will play next Tuesday, likely against the winner between Wagoner and Oologah.
Wagoner’s boys season is over.
WAGONER 2, PAWHUSKA 1 (OT) — Jailah Crawford scored off a corner kick with 15 seconds left in the first overtime, giving Wagoner (10-4, 3-1 4A-8) the win in its regular season finale.
Brooklyn Broad made it 1-0 with about 15 minutes to go in regulation from 18 yards out. Makayla Taylor had 10 saves for Wagoner, which hosts Oologah on Friday in the playoffs.
STILWELL 10, FORT GIBSON 2 — On a chilly Senior Night, Fort Gibson had four hits and a two-run triple by Carla Horton in the third inning came after Stilwell had built a 10-0 lead. The Lady Tigers will take a 7-15 record into regionals on Thursday at Tahlequah.
- Tripped up out west: Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Joining the FTG guys, Lady Tigers halt Hilldale’s run, head back to state for 10th time
- Sequoyah girls win in OT, join boys in return trip
- Area schools learn of state tourney schedule
- OSU falls to Baylor in Big 12 semis
- Keselowski fuels past Earnhardt Jr. for Vegas sweep
- Area swimmers qualify for state
- RiverHawk earns All-Tourney spot
- College baseball and softball roundup
- More Sports Headlines