NORMAN – University of Oklahoma men’s basketball junior forward Amath M'Baye was named Phillips 66 Big 12 Rookie of the Week on Monday for the second time this season.
In OU's lone game of the week, the 6-foot-9, 208-pounder scored 16 points and added a team-high-tying six rebounds and a season-high three steals in a 74-63 home win over Ohio on Saturday. M'Baye was 6-for-8 from the field and 4-for-5 from the free throw line in his 22 minutes.
On the year, the Preseason Big 12 Newcomer of the Year is averaging 9.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while shooting .488 from the field in 23.4 minutes per contest. He ranks second on the team with nine blocked shots
- Nash leads No. 9 OSU past South Carolina 79-52
- Durant leads Thunder over Pelicans, 109-95
- Cancellations, postponements
- Five points of focus for Bedlam 2013
- Muskogee grad finds himself shifting sides
- Knight can secure job for moment, and for later too
- Chelf’s growth at helm draws praise from Moore
- NSU soccer players honored
- On TV Saturday
- COLUMN: Sunset has arrived for BCS
- More Sports Headlines