NORMAN – University of Oklahoma men’s basketball junior forward Amath M'Baye was named Phillips 66 Big 12 Rookie of the Week on Monday for the second time this season.
In OU's lone game of the week, the 6-foot-9, 208-pounder scored 16 points and added a team-high-tying six rebounds and a season-high three steals in a 74-63 home win over Ohio on Saturday. M'Baye was 6-for-8 from the field and 4-for-5 from the free throw line in his 22 minutes.
On the year, the Preseason Big 12 Newcomer of the Year is averaging 9.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while shooting .488 from the field in 23.4 minutes per contest. He ranks second on the team with nine blocked shots
- GIRLS BASKETBALL STATE PREVIEW: Heroes and helpers
- Area teams capsules
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Roughers make a lot of a little in win
- Sooners’ Kruger named AP Big 12 Coach of Year
- Gundy: Spring game wouldn’t be a bargain for OSU fans
- Area briefs
- Prep roundup
- Scoreboard, TV
- Tripped up out west: Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- More Sports Headlines