The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Various camps offered by Extra Bases Training Facility, 2240 E. Shawnee —Jan. 15, eight-week hitting class for 7-up, $275; Jan. 16, six-week pitching class for 9-up. Contact: (918) 577-6894.
• Connors State baseball camps at Hilldale High School indoor facility, ages 8-18. Hitting camps, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Jan. 19. Pitching camp, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Jan. 20. Contact: Perry Keith (918) 463-3157.
• Open tryout for 18-under competitive tournament team. Extra Bases Training Facility, 2240 E. Shawnee. Contact: (918) 577-6894.
• Wiffle ball tournament for ages 14-up, Extra Bases Training Facility, $75 entry fee; Wiffle ball league will start on Jan. 20 and played Sundays for eight weeks. Cost: $150. . Extra Bases Training Facility, 2240 E. Shawnee. Contact: (918) 577-6894.
• Hilldale Dugout Club and the Masonic Lodge #430 will be pairing up for a fundraiser on Jan. 17 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hilldale Event Center during the Hilldale-Fort Gibson basketball game. Barbecue sandwiches, a bag of chips and a drink for $5. All the proceeds will go to help the baseball team to purchase equipment and supplies.
• Fort Gibson boys and girls baseball will be holding a coaches meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 17 at the community center (north of Fort Gibson City Hall). Contact: Jennifer Jones, director (918) 478-4856.
• Fort Gibson will be holding sign-ups for boys and girls T-ball & baseball ages 4-12 at the community center (north of Fort Gibson City Hall) from 9-11 a.m. on Jan. 26, Feb. 2 and 9. Cost will be $75 per player. Money due March 1. Season: April 29 - June 21. Contact: Jennifer Jones, director (918) 478-4856
• Muskogee High’s breast cancer awareness night is Jan. 15 vs. Bixby. T-shirts are available in advance, proceeds benefiting Women Who Care. The basketball teams will honor survivors of breast cancer after the girls game. For info on ordering shirts, please call (918) 684-3750.
• The Fort Gibson Lady Tiger Basketball Team will once again be holding a drawing for an Oklahoma Lifetime Hunting & Fishing License ($800 value) at halftime of the girls’ championship game during the Old Fort Classic basketball tournament on Jan. 26. Tickets for the drawing are $1 and can be purchased from any Fort Gibson Lady Tiger basketball player. For more information call (918) 478-2474 or (918) 869-1297.
• Hulbert Drug Free Basketball League enrollment is to Feb. 2. Forms may be picked up and team packs can only be turned in on the following dates. Jan. 12, 19, 26 and Feb. 2. Contact: Mitchell Crittenden, (918) 772-2501, ext. 3.
• Braggs High School benefit tournament, Jan. 12-13 for grades 5-6 and 7-8 boys and girls. Entry: $100. Deadline: Jan. 11. Contact: Eric, (765) 346-8279 or Sam (918) 616-5060.
• Chouteau Little League, Feb. 4-16, grades K-6 boys and girls. Bracket play. Entry fee $50. Deadline Jan. 28. Contact: Mary Keys (918) 695-6097.
• Fort Gibson Soccer Club spring sign-ups at the Fort Gibson Community Center, 9 a.m. to noon on Jan. 12 and 19. There will be a $10 discount for everyone signing up on Jan. 5. New players need to bring a birth certificate. More info at www.ftgsoc-cer.com.