The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to email@example.com. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Sign-ups for the 2013 Hershey’s Track and Field Games will be held at Arrowhead Mall Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 9. Program is for youth ages 9-14. Pre-registration and a copy of participant’s birth certificate required. Cost: Free. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (918) 684-6345.
• Muskogee Youth Baseball clinic for umpires and coaches, umpires mandatory, 6:30 p.m. March 12, 26 at Extra Bases, 2240 E. Shawnee (back side of Curt’s Shopping Center). Mandatory for umpires and coaches are welcome.
• All Muskogee Youth Baseball team fees due March 19, to be turned in from 5-8 p.m. Contact: Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745.
• Muskogee Youth Sports is offering tournaments at Love Hatbox Sports Complex March 9, 16 and 23. Tournaments will be open and OK Kids teams are welcome. Ages 7, 8U CP,$125. 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U and 14U $195. Enter on line at www.muskogeeyouthsports.com or call Marie Gassaway (918) 682-3845.
• Bill Muse Cowboy Basketball Camps for Boys at Connors State College. Day camps, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 17-20 and July 15-18. Shooting Camp for Boys and Girls July 19-20. Register before May 15 to receive a FREE Basketball. For brochure and more information call (918) 463-6231.
• Azalea Festival basketball event for adult and youth 5-on-5, mixed youth high school level, April 5-6. Entry fee per team: $60. Event will also include 3-point shootout and other prizes. Contact: (918) 684-6314 or (405) 209-5471 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• Alumni games for Muskogee High School, Connors State and Bacone College, March 22-23. Interested participants should call 684-6314 or (405) 209-5471 or email HDeffebaugh@ yahoo.com.
• A grades 3-8 basketball tournament will be held March 16 at Brushy School just north of Sallisaw. For more information call (918)776-0234.
• All-State youth games for a playoff tournament March 15-16 at Muskogee High School. Coaches should submit nominees with stats to (918) 856-1683 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• “Red and White Rumble” alumni style game between Hilldale and Fort Gibson alum, 2 p.m. May 5. Any graduate from either school is eligible to play. Cost of $40 includes a T-shirt, mouthpiece and insurance. Each team will provide equipment, unless you choose to use your own. Proceeds will benefit both Hilldale and Fort Gibson programs. To register, Hilldale people contact Mike Jacobs (918) 816-0734 and Fort Gibson people, Jordan Kelly at (918) 232-8175.
• Luck of the Draw 5k Run/Walk, 9 a.m. March 30 at Hatbox Sports Complex 5K trail. Hosted by Team Hope as a fundraiser for American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Contacts: luckofthedraw5k.eventbrite.com, (918) 684-3418 or email email@example.com.
• Muskogee Run 15k, 5k, and 1-mile fun run, 8 a.m. April 13 at Honor Heights Park. Pre-register at themuskogeerun.eventbrite.com before April 4 for a lower price and a guaranteed T-shirt. Entry fees are $35 for 15k, $25 for 5k, $20 for Fun Run. Proceeds go to support Muskogee Running Activites & Facilities. Contact: Joel, (918) 684-6302, ext. 28.
• St. Patty’s Day Smash, March 16, Checotah Sports Complex. Entry: $125. Benefits Checotah Knockouts 8-under girls team. Special Unlimited home runs contest, $40. Contact: Devin, (918) 843-2223 or Chad, (918) 284-7716.