The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to email@example.com. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• USSSA qualifying tournament May 10-12. Butterfly Garden opens Mother’s Day. Come play baseball and see our beautiful butterfly garden. No Sunday morning games. 6-under to 8-under $100, 9-under and up is $200. Call Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745 for more information. Enter on line at: http://oklahomausssabaseballtournaments.com/okusssa/tournament-information/tourn-entry/.
• Wood Bat Baseball Tournament Love Hatbox Sports Complex Muskogee. May 27-29, no Sunday morning games. Coincides with the opening of the water park. Play some old school baseball with the wood bat. $100 for 6-under to 8-under. $200 For 9-under and up. OK Kids teams are welcome. Enter online:http://oklahomausssabaseballtournaments.com/okusssa/tournament-information/tourn-entry/ Call Marie Gassaway for more information (918) 682-3745.
• Team Potential is looking for players for 10-under (fourth grade) and 11-under (fifth grade) to play on MAYB/AAU circuits. Games will be played in Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas and one tournament out of state, from May through August. Information: Lloyd Moss, (918) 780-7488, (918) 312-0219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fort Gibson Tiger Camp, 8:30-11:30 a.m., May 28-30, Fort Gibson High School for grades 2-9. Cost: $50 per camper. Concession provided. Contact: Gary Hendrix, (918) 478-6242.
• Fort Gibson Lady Tiger Camp, 8:30-11:30 a.m. (grades K-5) and 11:30-2:30 p.m. (grades 6-9) May 28-31. Swimming follows each session, bring swimsuit and towel. Concession provided. Contact: Jerry Walker, (918) 478-2452.
• Bill Muse Cowboy Basketball Camps for boys at Connors State College. Day camps, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 17-20 and July 15-18. Shooting Camp for boys and girls July 19-20. Register before May 15 to receive a free basketball. Contact: (918) 463-6231.
• Oktaha Tiger camps, 8:30-11:30 a.m. May 28-31 (grades K-4) and June 3-6 (grades 5-9). Cost: $40 with $20 deposit. Make checks payable to Oktaha Public School, P.O. Box 9, Oktaha 74450.
• Banshees Pre-Nationals Tune-Up sponsored by Fayetteville, Ark., Banshees Elite 2017. Cost per team: $175; $125 multi-team discount, June 22-23 in Fayetteville. Information: www.nwabanshees.com or contact: Nathan Sadler, tournament director, at (501) 815-3449 or Lee Shannon, co-director, at (479) 790-6970 or by email at email@example.com.
• “Red and White Rumble” alumni style game between Hilldale and Fort Gibson alum, 2 p.m. May 5. Any graduate from either school is eligible to play. Cost of $40 includes a T-shirt, mouthpiece and insurance. Each team will provide equipment, unless you choose to use your own. Proceeds will benefit both Hilldale and Fort Gibson programs. Hilldale registrants contact Mike Jacobs, (918) 816-0734; for Fort Gibson, Jordan Kelly, (918) 232-8175.
• Bedlam Golf Challenge vs. Youth Scholarship Drive, 10 a.m. May 11 at Fountainhead Golf Course. Proceeds benefit Platinum Tee Scholarship Fund. Contact: Ron Venters, (918) 361-1259, Tony Peters, (918) 520-4688 or Jo Coleman, (918) 689-3209.
• Seventh annual Kelly B. Todd Charity Tournament sponsored by Mobility Plus, four-person scramble, 11 a.m. May 20 at Muskogee Country Club. Proceeds benefit the Kelly B. Todd Cerebral Palsy and Neuro-Muscular Center. Cost: $125 individual and $500 team. Lunch, practice and all fees included. Register online at www.mobilityplus-kbtgolf.eventbrite.com or contact Shelly Hughey, (918) 687-2947.
• Connors State athletic department scramble, June 8, CobbleStone Golf Course. Entries limited to first 36 teams. Proceeds will fund student athletic scholarships. Four-person entry is $100 per person which includes fees, cart and lunch. Cash prizes. Shotgun start at 8 a.m. Contact: Bill Muse (918) 463-6231.
• Run For Niger at First Baptist Muskogee at 8:30 a.m. May 11. $25 for 5k and $20 for 1 Mile Fun Run, t-shirt included. Sign up at the FBC CLC, or online at lwmforniger.com. Contact: Martin Updike, (918)( 577-1956.
• Muskogee High alumni game, 7 p.m.May 10. A donation of $30 donation per player will go to former Rougher All-Stater and 2007 graduate Courtney Lee who is ill. Contact: Keithy Coleman at (918) 348-9904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oktaha fastpitch summer league for 12-under and 14-under teams or grades 5-6. Cost: $300. Doubleheader games every Thursday, May 23-June 27. Contact: Kia Holmes, (918) 616-2464.
• Men’s and women’s fastpitch, 7-3 coed tournaments, May 24-26 at Claude Cox Omniplex, Okmulgee. Deadline: May 22. Entry fee: $150. 44 core 375 on ball for coed, 47 core for fastpitch. Minimum of 10 teams needed. Text or contact: Randy Steed, (918) 931-9463.