4A DISTRICTS – The Checotah Lady Wildcats saw their season come to an end on Tuesday, falling to Seminole 6-3 and 5-1.
Taylor Davidson (24-9) took the loss in both games as the Lady Wildcats finish the season at 24-9. Davidson went 2-for-4 in each game with a run batted in in game two while Kiah Hill was 2-for-4 with an RBI in game one.
SEQUOYAH 8, RED OAK 5 – The 3A No. 1 ranked Lady Indians improved to 27-6 as Kati Phillips got the win going three innings, striking out five with no earned runs on three hits. Kelsey Leach and Hayleigh Galvan both went 2-for-3 with two RBIs while Symphoni Shomo was 3-for-5 with a run scored and Sydney Smith went 1-for-3 with a home run. The Lady Indians start regional playoffs at 10 a.m. Thursday at home against Keys.
TAHLEQUAH 3, ADAIR 0 – The Lady Tigers improved to 31-3 on the year as Lindsay Wade picked up the win going seven innings striking out seven and giving up two hits. Randee O’Donnell and Whitney Wright both went 1-for-3 with O’Donnell’s hit being a double had a double. Tahlequah is back in action at 5 p.m. Thursday against McAlester.
HILLDALE 9, MORRIS 1 – The 4A No. 1 ranked Lady Hornets advanced their record to 29-4 as Destiny Riddle improved to 24-3 in the circle. Riddle went five innings striking out seven and giving up just two hits. Riddle, Hillary Calvert and Kyla Ibarra all had two hits. Riddle had two RBIs and Calvert scored three runs. Hilldale takes the field next at 5 p.m. Monday against Tahlequah.
TAHLEQUAH 3, COWETA 0 – The 5A No.8 ranked Tahlequah Lady Tigers swept the No.9 Coweta Lady Tigers by scores of 33-31, 25-23 and 25-23. Gillian Tinnin had 20 kills for Tahlequah as Amanda Milnick had 11 kills and three blocks.
MUSKOGEE 3, PUTNAM CITY NORTH 0 – The Lady Roughers moved to 22-10 on the season as they won their match with scores of 25-20, 25-14 and 25-13. Jensen Martin had 29 assists, Claire Farmer had 14 kills and Karla Jones had five kills and three blocks. Muskogee returns to action at 6 p.m. Thursday against Coweta.
- Tripped up out west: Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Joining the FTG guys, Lady Tigers halt Hilldale’s run, head back to state for 10th time
- Sequoyah girls win in OT, join boys in return trip
- Area schools learn of state tourney schedule
- OSU falls to Baylor in Big 12 semis
- Keselowski fuels past Earnhardt Jr. for Vegas sweep
- Area swimmers qualify for state
- RiverHawk earns All-Tourney spot
- College baseball and softball roundup
- More Sports Headlines