A three-run second gave Tahlequah a lead they would not relinquish as the Lady Tigers joined Muskogee and Fort Gibson among area 4A-6A teams heading to the state fastpitch tournament next week, beating Coweta 5-1 in the Class 5A regional at Tahlequah.
Randee O’Donnell, Bub Peters and Lainey Wallace each had two hits for the Lady Tigers, who had eight overall.
Morgan Torrance scattered 10 hits in seven innings for the win.
Coweta beat Tahlequah 1-0 in 11 innings to force the decisive game. Lindsey Wade lost the game but gave up just four hits. Tahlequah had eight hits off Coweta’s Chandler Roberts.
- Controlling the tempo: Thunder, Grizzlies look to set pace in Game 2
- Tahlequah boys hoops coach relieved of duties
- Gastineau maneuvers way to OCRS feature win
- College baseball and softball roundup
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Almost blew this one: Thunder let 25-point lead slip to two, pull away to win Game 1
- Plenty of questions remain for Warriors
- Offense shines late for Golden Hurricane
- College athletics could be changing
- Prep baseball roundup and Monday's prep schedule
- More Sports Headlines