Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
Radio: KCXR 100.3 FM
Records: Jenks 7-0, 4-0; Muskogee 1-6, 1-3 6A-2.
Last week: Jenks 24, Westmoore 0; Sapulpa 38, Muskogee 21.
Last meeting: Jenks 52, Muskogee 3 (2012).
About the matchup: It’s likely the final meeting between two teams who have had a storied past, much of it well into their past with the last close battle the 2005 state semifinal. The teams will be split into different divisions in 6A next year. Jenks’ defense has allowed just two touchdowns in a three-game streak that includes wins against Sapulpa, Broken Arrow and Westmoore. In a 24-0 decision against the latter a week ago, the Trojans held Westmoore to 43 total yards. Quintahj Cherry has passed the 1,200-yard mark in passing and he’ll have a challenge against a secondary that has two Division I recruits in Dylan Harding and Steven Parker. Muskogee’s Tramal Ivy, who has played multiple positions on defense and offense, will move to middle linebacker this week. Ivy has five sacks this season for the Roughers.
Series record: Jenks leads, 31-4.
Notes: Jenks has won the last 22 meetings...Muskogee’s last win came in 1992 (29-28)…Muskogee has not held Jenks to less than 28 points since a 16-7 loss in 1998…Jenks has averaged 50 points per game over the last seven meetings.
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
- Controlling the tempo: Thunder, Grizzlies look to set pace in Game 2
- Tahlequah boys hoops coach relieved of duties
- Gastineau maneuvers way to OCRS feature win
- College baseball and softball roundup
- Scoreboard and today's TV schedule
- Almost blew this one: Thunder let 25-point lead slip to two, pull away to win Game 1
- Plenty of questions remain for Warriors
- Offense shines late for Golden Hurricane
- College athletics could be changing
- Prep baseball roundup and Monday's prep schedule
- More Sports Headlines