The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to email@example.com. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Hilldale Youth Football, grades 1-6. Players must attend either Hilldale, Warner or Oktaha. Register at sportabase.com under Hilldale or contact Szabi Szabo at (918) 697-5441 for more information.
• Muskogee Youth Football, grades K-7. Player must attend Muskogee Public Schools. Register online at muskogeeyouthfootball.org. Contact: Boyd Jones at (918) 348-1269 or Dan Hall at (918) 869-2559.
• Muskogee High Golf Classic benefiting the Rougher baseball program, Aug. 23 at Muskogee Country Club. Lunch at noon followed by a four-man scramble. Cost: $300 per team, $75 per person. Side contests as well. Contact: Jeremy Griffin, MHS baseball coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Tulsa Rowing Club Juniors looking for athletes eighth grade and up to join competitive high school program. Basic training program for beginners from 4:30-6:30 p.m., Aug. 26 to Sept. 6 at Rogers Point Park in Catoosa. No cost. Register online at www.tulsarowing.org/juniors or call (918) 906-5233.
• Hometown Hope Run, 8 a.m. Sept. 7 at the Gospel Rescue Mission. All proceeds go will go towards the Gospel Rescue Mission. Register at hometownhope.eventbrite.com. Pre-register by Aug. 30 to get an event t-shirt. Cost: $25 for 5k, $20 for Fun Run. Contact: email@example.com.
• Run Gore 5K and Fun Run, 8 a.m. Sept. 21, sponsored by Gore Chamber of Commerce to be held at Gore Landing. Early registration is $20, deadline of Sept. 11. Race day fees are $25 for the 5K and $15 for the fun run. Register online at rungore.eventbrite.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Superhero 5K and Fun Run, 5 p.m. Sept. 21 at Honor Heights Park. Cost: $30 for adults, $25 for children 12-and-under. All proceeds go to Corey Coleman, wife of Muskogee High softball coach Keith Coleman, who is battling cancer. Superhero costumes encouraged but not required. Prizes will be given for best costumes. Register at http://muskogeesuperhero5k.eventbrite.com or contact: chelsi.wallingford@gmail. com.
• Native American World Series softball, Sequoyah Fields, Sept. 27-29. Men’s fastpitch and coed slowpitch divisions. Must have 10 teams in each division. Hoodies, bats, possibly uniforms among praises. Native American qualifications according to playnsa.com. Contact: Randy Steed, (918) 931-9463.
• 23rd Dice Dawson International tournament, Spaulding Park, Sept. 21. Cost: $14 for singles, $22 for doubles. Contact: (918) 260-0070 or email@example.com.