The Bacone Lady Warriors led by as many as 17 points in the second half and returned to the win column after defeating the Huston-Tillotson Lady Rams 61-50 Saturday night at the Palmer Center.
The win improved Bacone to 8-16 overall and 6-13 in the Red River Conference. The Lady Warriors remained tied in the eighth and final conference postseason playoff spot with Jarvis Christian.
For the game the Lady Warriors hit 37 percent (22-of-59) while going 6-of-17 from 3-point range and converting 11-of-19 free-throw attempts.
Danielle Reed led Bacone with 15 points and Emily Lovell finished with 13; Kyna Lewis led all rebounders with 13.
On the men’s side the Warriors stopped a two-game skid with a 93-83 victory over Huston-Tillotson. Bacone led 40-21 at halftime and led by as much as 22 points over the Rams. For the game the Warriors hit 50 percent (27-of-53) while going 29-of-35 at the charity stripe.
Derrick Thomas led Bacone with 25 points, Kwame Bates added 21 and Christian Smith chipped in 18.
The Warriors (5-21, 3-16), as do the Lady Warriors, face Our Lady of the Lake at home Monday.
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Great expectations: Sooners believe predictions are valid
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Could be familiar to Sooner faithful
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OU notebook
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Former OSU line coach having impact on Texas
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Texas' Strong prefers not talking national title
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - OSU defense: Holes to fill
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS - Commish: Change may not be pleasant
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: OSU notebook
- Big 12 MEDIA DAYS: Baylor has different take defending Big 12 title
- Scoreboard, TV schedule
- More Sports Headlines