The Bacone Lady Warriors led by as many as 17 points in the second half and returned to the win column after defeating the Huston-Tillotson Lady Rams 61-50 Saturday night at the Palmer Center.
The win improved Bacone to 8-16 overall and 6-13 in the Red River Conference. The Lady Warriors remained tied in the eighth and final conference postseason playoff spot with Jarvis Christian.
For the game the Lady Warriors hit 37 percent (22-of-59) while going 6-of-17 from 3-point range and converting 11-of-19 free-throw attempts.
Danielle Reed led Bacone with 15 points and Emily Lovell finished with 13; Kyna Lewis led all rebounders with 13.
On the men’s side the Warriors stopped a two-game skid with a 93-83 victory over Huston-Tillotson. Bacone led 40-21 at halftime and led by as much as 22 points over the Rams. For the game the Warriors hit 50 percent (27-of-53) while going 29-of-35 at the charity stripe.
Derrick Thomas led Bacone with 25 points, Kwame Bates added 21 and Christian Smith chipped in 18.
The Warriors (5-21, 3-16), as do the Lady Warriors, face Our Lady of the Lake at home Monday.
- Area teams doing best to cope with weather
- OU, OSU combine for dozen spots on AP Big 12 team
- Area sports briefs
- OSSAA prep rankings and today's schedule
- OU slant: Sooners knock Cowboys out of Fiesta plans; launch selves into BCS contention
- OSU slant: Cowboys' fade turns BCS hopes to black
- COLUMN: Bell a hero again in an unlikely finish
- Roland runs hard, but it isn’t enough
- Sports calendar
- No. 10 Michigan St. shocks No. 2 Ohio St. 34-24
- More Sports Headlines