PAWHUSKA (AP) – Officials say they’re relieved no artifacts were damaged after a fire broke out at the Osage County Historical Society Museum in Pawhuska.
Authorities say the fire was reported early Wednesday. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames, though the blaze caused extensive smoke damage.
Jack Shoemate, the chairman of the museum’s board of directors, says he’s relieved the building didn’t sustain major damage and that the contents of the museum were safe. The museum is in a converted railway depot built in 1922.