— OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Two years after the bodies of two children and their mother were discovered in the family's burned-out mobile home, a man charged with their deaths is to go on trial Monday on three counts of first-degree murder.
Jury selection is scheduled to begin Monday in McClain County District Court for Shaun Michael Bosse of Blanchard, who is charged in the July 23, 2010, deaths of Katrina Griffin, 25, and her children, Christian Griffin, 8, and Chasity Hammer, 6.
Bosse, 29, is also charged with first-degree arson in the case. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, leaving Bosse with possible penalties of death or life in prison with or without parole if he is convicted on the murder counts.
He has pleaded not guilty.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled that Katrina Griffin died from multiple sharp force trauma, and Christian died from multiple stab wounds. The report says Chastity died from smoke inhalation and burns after the family's mobile home in Dibble was set on fire.
Authorities say Chastity had been thrown into a closet and a chair was used to block the door. Evidence inside the home linked Bosse to the deaths, according to authorities.
An affidavit filed in the case alleged that Bosse, Katrina Griffin's boyfriend, was at her home the evening before the victims were killed. Bosse told investigators that he had been dating Griffin for about two weeks but had left the home hours before the bodies were found.