A Wagoner man remained in critical condition Tuesday at Anderson Burn Center at Hillcrest Medical Center in Tulsa, a spokeswoman said.

Joe Haggard was injured after a 55-gallon drum he was opening with a blowtorch exploded about 9 a.m. Friday.

Haggard sustained burns and other injuries at Copeland Retail, 4830 N. York St., said Muskogee Fire Department Capt. John Tipton. Haggard was working on a barbecue pit at the site when he asked for some trash barrels, said proprietor Willie Copeland.

Firefighters said Haggard failed to remove vent plugs from a drum he was heating. Pressure built up from residue of silver oxide paint inside and caused the drum to explode, fire officials said.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you