• Candlelight tour displays area homes' Christmas spirit for fundraiser • Fort Gibson couple takes long-tern view of preserving the past • Couple shares Southern hospitality in form of food
• Tour lakeside homes on Lake Tenkiller • Artist's move to Green Country spurs creativity • Burnt Cabin Marina and Resort undergoes major transformation
• Homeowners in the Kendall Place Historic District display classic homes • 'Renaissance' couple share love of art, life • Muskogee's Mahylon's restaurant shares secret for good barbecue
• Area builders show off craftsmanship • City's Historic Fire Station No. 1 sees makeover as brewery true to its heritage • Custom built home overseeing Tenkiller Lake put on the market
Whether you are in a hurry to get out the door for an early tee time or find yourself needing fast and flavorful fuel to keep you going midcourse, golfers need quality nutrition in a convenient form. Here are five great options.
Jerry Taylor volunteers for a variety of activities, but if he ever volunteers to cook for you, it can be a colossal, award-winning deal. Taylor, who works as a life safety technician at EASTAR Health System, has been on their master barbecue team for the annual Exchange Club Chili & BBQ…
Grace “Pam” Parrish often introduced herself as “an Okie from Muskogee.” She embraced Merle Haggard’s now famous song the first time she heard it and was always proud of her Muskogee birthright.
Bruce Mumford has been fascinated with fences since childhood. He doesn’t really know why these wood, brick, iron and stone beauties are so enchanting to him but he seldom misses an opportunity to admire a handsomely constructed fence.
Fall has quietly, calmly and inevitably arrived, and the holidays and winter are not far behind. This is the time to relax at home or to spend time with family and friends, gathering over food and wine. Finding the right wine for your dinner or event is important but can be stress inducing.
One Christmas tree glimmers with red and gold instruments — French horns, harps, violins, lutes, lyres, guitars and trumpets.
When the Christmas Home Tour opens, visitors will find as many holiday decorating ideas as there are toys in Santa’s sack.
• Help others by taking a tour of holiday homes • Discover the sweet tradition of holiday candy making • Step beyond the bounds of tradition with a smokin' holiday dinner
This Week's Circulars
We celebrate the life of Alice Marie (Walker) Bradley, 89, who passed away peacefully Aug. 4, 2020. She was born Oct. 30, 1930, in Muskogee, Okla., to Virginia and John Walker. Graveside: A private service will be held at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery where she will be laid to rest…
72, retired educator. Died Monday, August 6, 2020. Visitation is Sunday, August 9 from 2-4 p.m.. Funeral is 1 p.m. Monday, August 10, both at Mallett Funeral Home and Crematory.
88, passed away Friday, 7/31/2020 in Muskogee, memorial services, 2:30PM Friday, 8/7/2020 Fort Gibson National Cemetery, Fort Gibson, OK. online condolences may be shared @ clifforddgarrettfamilyfh.com
Coach John Blake, 59, left July 23, 2020. Tribute Saturday, 12 Noon, Friendship West Baptist Church, Dallas. Visitation Sunday, 1:00 until 6:00, Charles Page HS Fieldhouse. Graveside Monday, 12 Noon, Green Acres Gardens, Tulsa. biglowfunerals.com
age 67. Airline Mechanic. Died August 2nd in Tulsa, OK. Funeral Services August 7th at 10:00AM at Reed-Culver Chapel. Burial at Barber Cemetery. Visitation August 6th from 1:00PM until 7:00PM at Reed-Culver Funeral Home.
- MHS student tests positive for COVID-19; Hilldale also has case
- Retired judge found dead Tuesday
- Alford remembered as 'true public servant'
- Oktaha positive COVID tests postpone ball openers, including fastpitch with Muskogee
- Fort Gibson woman dies in single-vehicle crash
- COVID-19 claims life of Cherokee County man
- Broyles stops in Muskogee to tout credentials
- Man wanted in shooting caught following pursuit
- Got some zip: Hornet shortstop's arm soars nationally
- Bacone College hires executive director of Indigenous Studies and Curriculum