• Candlelight tour displays area homes' Christmas spirit for fundraiser • Fort Gibson couple takes long-tern view of preserving the past • Couple shares Southern hospitality in form of food
• Tour lakeside homes on Lake Tenkiller • Artist's move to Green Country spurs creativity • Burnt Cabin Marina and Resort undergoes major transformation
• Homeowners in the Kendall Place Historic District display classic homes • 'Renaissance' couple share love of art, life • Muskogee's Mahylon's restaurant shares secret for good barbecue
• Area builders show off craftsmanship • City's Historic Fire Station No. 1 sees makeover as brewery true to its heritage • Custom built home overseeing Tenkiller Lake put on the market
Whether you are in a hurry to get out the door for an early tee time or find yourself needing fast and flavorful fuel to keep you going midcourse, golfers need quality nutrition in a convenient form. Here are five great options.
Jerry Taylor volunteers for a variety of activities, but if he ever volunteers to cook for you, it can be a colossal, award-winning deal. Taylor, who works as a life safety technician at EASTAR Health System, has been on their master barbecue team for the annual Exchange Club Chili & BBQ…
Grace “Pam” Parrish often introduced herself as “an Okie from Muskogee.” She embraced Merle Haggard’s now famous song the first time she heard it and was always proud of her Muskogee birthright.
Bruce Mumford has been fascinated with fences since childhood. He doesn’t really know why these wood, brick, iron and stone beauties are so enchanting to him but he seldom misses an opportunity to admire a handsomely constructed fence.
Fall has quietly, calmly and inevitably arrived, and the holidays and winter are not far behind. This is the time to relax at home or to spend time with family and friends, gathering over food and wine. Finding the right wine for your dinner or event is important but can be stress inducing.
One Christmas tree glimmers with red and gold instruments — French horns, harps, violins, lutes, lyres, guitars and trumpets.
When the Christmas Home Tour opens, visitors will find as many holiday decorating ideas as there are toys in Santa’s sack.
• Help others by taking a tour of holiday homes • Discover the sweet tradition of holiday candy making • Step beyond the bounds of tradition with a smokin' holiday dinner
This Week's Circulars
Died Tuesday in Wagoner, OK. Services 10:00 am Friday November 22, 2019 at Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home in Muskogee. Viewing Thursday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
45, homemaker, passed Wednesday, 11/13/2019. Service Info:11AM, Wednesday, 11/20/2019 at Cornerstone Funeral Home Chapel. Cornerstone Funeral Home & Crematory
64, Rancher, passed Thursday, November 14, 2019. Service is 11:00am Monday, November 25, 2019 at Cornerstone Funeral Home Chapel. Cornerstone Funeral Home 1830 N York St., Muskogee, OK 74403
87, Retired Salesman for Scott Rice Office Equipment, passed Sunday, 11/17/2019. Service Info: 2PM, Friday, 11/22/2019 at Cornerstone Funeral Home Chapel. Cornerstone Funeral Home & Crematory
Died November 7, 2019 in Muskogee. Memorial Services were held Friday November 15, 2019 at New Life Center.
- Gore escapes melee, Konawa, moves on in Class A
- Retired pastor wants to bring church back to life
- Okie from Muskogee: Walker determined to find his way
- Redemption in court: Braggs makes statement in state quarterfinal rematch with champs
- Beggs woman dies following ATV crash
- Area Prep Girls Basketball Preview: Familiar faces seated atop stack
- At a glance: Muskogee City Council
- AREA BOYS BASKETBALL PREVIEW: Last year’s Cinderella back, loaded for encore
- Two win council seats after filing period
- Stephen Miller and Jim Jordan give us a taste of the Truly Trumpian Man