WHAT: Muskogee City Council regular meeting.
WHEN: 5:30 p.m. Monday.
WHERE: City Council Chambers, third floor, Muskogee Municipal Building, 229 W. Okmulgee Ave.
ON TV: Broadcast live on Suddenlink Channel 14.
INFORMATION: Those who would like to address councilors during the meeting must sign in at least 15 minutes before the meeting begins.
• Claims for all city departments from July 27 through Aug. 9.
• Lowest and best bid from Williams Contracting for the Depot Green Project, in the amount of $1,248,864.07, also awarding $248,656.86 in alternates, with the alternates approved subject to funding being identified within 90 days of the notice to proceed being issued.
• Agreement with the Gospel Rescue Mission Clean Start Program for abatement services of city right-of-way.
• Allow the City Manager to negotiate and enter into a five-year contract with AXON for body-worn cameras for the Muskogee Police Department, in the amount of $359,422.50.
• Make application for the 2019 Justice Assistance Grant (JAG), as well as enter into an agreement between the City of Muskogee and the Board of Commissioners of Muskogee County for the disbursement of the funds, with the City receiving an allocation of $17,919.50 and the County receiving an allocation of $17,919.50, for a total award amount of $35,839.
• Receipt of donated funds for the months of June and July 2019, for a total of $3,078.62, for the City's Animal Shelter Sponsorship Program as per the attached list.
• Receipt of report from the Muskogee City-County Port Authority regarding their Industrial Development projects, goals, and activities for January 2019 through June 2019.
• Receipt of report on Municipal Court processes relating to juvenile offenders, as well as, discuss and provide necessary direction to Staff to study and issue a report and recommendations on possible reforms.
• Authorizing the city manager to negotiate a contract with Olsson for Engineering Services for: 1) the Hilldale School Access Improvement Project, a joint project between the City of Muskogee and the Muscogee Creek Nation, as well as, 2) the Smith Ferry Road Drainage Project, a project of the City of Muskogee.
• Authorizing the city manager to negotiate and execute an Audit Engagement Letter with Arledge and Associates, certified public accountants, to perform the FY 2018-2019 audit.
• Rejecting all bids on the Hatbox Field Improvements Project, and direct staff to rebid the project based upon a new scope of work.
• Amended City Council Policy 3-6-2, Drug Testing Policy.
• Recommendation by the City of Muskogee Foundation Board of Directors appointing Nancy Gaden to serve a one-year term as Board Chair beginning Aug. 1, 2019 and ending July 31, 2020.
• Recommendation by the City of Muskogee Foundation Board of Directors appointing Wren Stratton and Ann Ong, each to serve a six-year term beginning Aug. 1, 2019, and ending July 31, 2025, and the appointment of Dan Morris to fill the combined unexpired term of Keith Bigelow and a full six-year term beginning Aug. 1, 2019, and ending July 31, 2026.
• Convening an Executive Session to discuss and take possible action on the following:
Pursuant to Section 307B.4, Title 25, Oklahoma Statutes, consider convening in Executive Session to discuss a lawsuit pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma styled, Jeriel Edwards v. City of Muskogee, Case No. CV-00347-RAW, and take appropriate action in open session, including the appointment of a fully authorized settlement representative.