• Families celebrate country living
Nearly three years ago, writer was thrilled to have gone to Florida to be able to bird. A couple of the top species on my list were the Limpkin and the infamous Florida Snail Kite, which I feared may soon be a thing of the past. A good friend took me to Joe Overstreet Road to find one of my …
"Local revenue raises sales tax which our county and city runs on. If the money's not spent here, it's spent in Tulsa or Fort Smith, and we get no revenues for that."
TULSA — Tribal leaders representing almost every federally recognized tribe in Oklahoma gathered Wednesday to express their unified opposition to Gov. Kevin Stitt’s offer to extend for eight months gaming compacts they contend will renew automatically at year’s end.
This Week's Circulars
retired Muskogee Assistant Fire Chief, died Wednesday January 12, 2022. Graveside service 11 am Tuesday January 18, 2022 Fort Gibson National Cemetery. Viewing Monday 10 am to 8 pm at Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home of Muskogee.
Mignon M. Brooks,70, fell asleep in death January 9, 2022. Funeral Saturday, 11:00 AM, Timothy Baptist Church. Burial Monday, 12:30 PM, Fort Gibson National Cemetery. Keith D. Biglow Funeral Directors, Inc., Funeral Procession departs 12 Noon. biglowfunerals.com
Sandra Kay Lewis, 60, passed away January 6, 2022 in Irving, Texas. Service of Remembrance, Saturday, 2:00 PM, First Baptist Church-Central, Okmulgee. Burial will follow in Woodlawn Cemetery. Keith D. Biglow Funeral Directors, Inc., of Okmulgee. biglowfunerals.com
Maurice Maxwell, 66, resident of Muskogee, left this life on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. Service arrangements are pending with the Keith D. Biglow Funeral Directors, Inc., of Muskogee. biglowfunerals.com
Michael Ray Weaver, 56, resident of Okmulgee, transitioned to everlasting memory on Sunday, January 9, 2022 from Oklahoma City. Service arrangements are pending with the Keith D. Biglow Funeral Directors, Inc., of Okmulgee. biglowfunerals.com
- Outlaw Motor Speedway purchase apparently ends its existence as race track
- Prep roundup: Porter Pirate goes off for 48 points in win
- Muskogee woman makes Chili Bowl history Saturday
- Additional Pridgeon status hearing scheduled
- Pandemic closes classrooms — again
- Local pharmacist remembered as community booster
- Quick 5: School board candidates share thoughts about MPS
- Okay gets a sweep; Lady Mustang has 28 points in first half
- Fort Gibson boys rally for win; Bench helps Lady Tigers in runaway
- Prep basketball roundup from Friday