During regular meetings Monday of the Muskogee Public Works and Finance committees, city councilors took the following action:
PUBLIC WORKS AGENDA
• Approved Public Works Committee minutes of April 15.
• Accepted request submitted by applicants Gayle and Patricia Lee to withdraw the preliminary plat for Plantation Acres, consisting of nine lots on 16.16 acres, which was approved Feb. 19 by Muskogee Planning Commission.
• Approved preliminary and final plat of Plantation Acres, consisting of three lots on 4.55 acres located along South Country Club Road, north of East Hancock Road.
• Approved preliminary and final plat of Cobblestone Estates III, consisting of one lot on 0.41 acres located on Cold Water Creek Drive and the Cobblestone Golf Course driving range.
• Approved request submitted by Dean’s Chapel Baptist Church for an honorary street name, designating a portion of Maryland Street between South Junction Avenue and South 24th Street as “Rev. Don E. Dumas Ave.”
• Approved appointment of Tim Wheeler to serve on the Muskogee City-County Port Authority for the remainder of Tobi Ledbettter’s unexpired term, beginning May 6 and ending Aug. 31, 2020.
• Approved appointment of Paige Frix to a three-year term with the Planning and Zoning Commission beginning May 13.
• Approved appointment of Andrew “Andy” Simmons to a three-year term with the the War Memorial Trust Authority beginning May 1.
• Approved Finance Committee minutes of April 15 meeting.
• Approved claims for all city departments from April 11 through May 1.
• Rejected by 4-4 vote a motion to transfer hotel-motel tax revenue to Muskogee Redevelopment Authority and grant of authority for the public trust to negotiate new tourism contract.
• Took no action after discussing proposed 2019 capital improvement projects and activities related to the May 14 special election.
• Authorized city manager to negotiate and execute a contract with the low bidder, Scissortail Construction, for construction of the Bell Tower at Greenhill Cemetery in an amount not to exceed $133,446.
• Approved recommendation to award contract to the lowest and best bidder, Cook’s Consulting LLC, for the Wastewater Improvements Northeast Collection System in the amount of $5,142,507.
• Approved Resolution Nos. 2756, 2757 and 2758, declaring three parcels of property, more particularly described in the resolutions, as surplus to the city’s needs and authorizing conveyance of said properties.
• Approved Resolution No. 2759, declaring certain items of personal property presently in the city’s possession as surplus to its needs and authorizing the city manager to offer for sale or dispose of the same, all as per the attached list.
• Final payment for the Terminal Apron Hardstand Project to Rosscon LLC in the amount of $3,876.60.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
• Approved nomination of Ward IV Councilor Wayne Johnson to serve as deputy mayor.
• Took no action after presentation and discussion of proposed budget for fiscal year 2020.
• Authorized the city manager to negotiate and execute an agreement with the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma for the purpose of conducting a comprehensive housing analysis.
• Approved shared-cost agreement with the Muskogee Housing Authority allocating expenses for the Muskogee Comprehensive Housing Analysis.
• Authorized the city manager to transfer an amount not to exceed $210,000 from the economic development fund to the Urban Renewal Authority for purchase of additional property in the project area, subject to authority’s approval.
• Authorized the city manager to submit an offer to purchase a parcel of land under terms and location as discussed during an executive session.